Objective of function:
- Lead a team of Global Category Managers who would be responsible for strategic sourcing of Mechanical & Chemical categories such as Compressors, Pumps, Valves, Electric Heaters, Refrigerants, Fire Suppression Chemicals etc.
- Support eight (8) global product business units, spread across 105 manufacturing sites to meet their business objectives
Functions reporting to this role: C ategory Management, Costing, Continuous Improvement Role / Responsibilities::
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to a team of category managers to develop comprehensive Global Category Strategies
- Actively engage with senior leaders of the various Global Product Business Units and ensure alignment of Category Strategies to meet and/or exceed business objectives
- Facilitate execution of Category Strategies across all plants that consume the respective categories
- Drive accountability and deliver results on key financial metrics - cost savings and trade working capital improvement, using enablers like low Cost Country sourcing, supplier rationalization, value engineering, knowledge-based sourcing etc.
- Strive towards achieving world class supplier performance by driving continuous improvement initiatives and active collaboration with strategic suppliers
- Lead major Supplier Contract/ Price negotiations
- Act as the center of excellence for the respective categories through complete understanding of the products, their application, industry trends, competitive landscape, future technologies & innovations etc.
- Support the business units in resolving Supplier Delivery, Quality or Commercial issues which have been escalated to the Category team
- Support of Make vs Buy decisions
- Bachelor's Degree/ Diploma preferably in Engineering. MBA would be preferred
- Min. 10-15 years in HVAC, Engineering, Large Manufacturing or Multi-industry global organization
- Min. 5 years of experience in a Strategic Sourcing role, supporting multiple Plants & Regions across the globe
- Extensive Global Sourcing experience
- Capability to interface with Senior Leadership across Regions both internally & externally
- In depth understanding of purchasing tools and practices
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong costing & analytical skills
- W orking knowledge of SAP or other equivalent ERP systems
- Travel 30% (Global and Domestic)
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.