McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Enterprise Information Solutions provides hospitals and health systems with comprehensive electronic health record solutions, expert consulting and world-class infrastructure and hosting services to enable them to succeed under health reform and beyond. Our portfolio includes our highly rated Paragon® hospital information system, plus proven solutions for revenue cycle management, supply chain management, document management, intelligent coding, laboratory, surgery and managed services to help maximize the total value of information technology.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Enterprise Information Solutions you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Director, Product Definition & UX will be responsible for all activities related to the management and coordination of Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) resources required to identify and prioritize the product backlog. This includes management of Product Owners, Business Analysts, User Interface and Clinical professionals that are in multiple locations and operating under different SDLC methodologies.
The Director, Product Definition & UX must have an extensive background in backlog refinement and prioritization, user story development, requirements definition for software, solid track record of innovation, leadership, delivery, and have a strong customer focus. The candidate must have a proven ability to develop budgets for and manage resources across multiple locations including offshore. The candidate must have a strong historical perspective on both the evolution and future direction of software development technologies and the definition of requirements for various methodologies. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader, an innovator, self motivated and a driver.
The Director will perform the following:
- Be a key member of the Product Management senior leadership team
- Provide the strategic direction for the organization as it relates to backlog and User Experience activities
- Create budgets for Product Definition & UX staff and related activities such as training, travel, equipment, etc.
- Manage and direct the personnel actions for the Product Definition and UX staff which includes but is not limited to, approving vacation, scheduling employees, training and evaluating employees, coaching and counseling when appropriate, and making salary or merit increase recommendations
- Instruct, assign and direct the activities of the Product Definition and UX staff to ensure that the work performed meets the needs of EIS customers and aligns with the department priorities
- Own and drive policy level direction regarding standards for requirements and user interaction definition
- Ensure the transfer of product knowledge to all appropriate functional teams
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
8+ years specific systems experience including 7+ years managerial experienceCritical Skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years experience directing and managing large complex teams and experience supervising and/or leading other professional level Development/IT staff
- Significant understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the requirement management fields
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers and department staff, as described above
- High level of analytical, planning and organizational ability
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, perform work in a team environment, and relay necessary information as appropriate.
- Ability to travel 20-30%
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experienceBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.