Creates commercial advantage through activities in one or more of the following areas:
- The Director, Product Design, is responsible for the management and execution of comprehensive product design and structural packaging projects within PepsiCo.
- This role reports to the Design Lead for Product Design (Martin Broen). Successful candidates will demonstrate superior ability to drive, from ideation to execution, quality design practice
- applied to three-dimensional products, managing in the best way the whole design and development process.
- Their work will be a mix of internal execution and collaboration with external partners.
- Successful candidates possess outstanding technical knowledge, aesthetics sensibility, design skills in form-exploration, physical problem-solving and visual communication.
- Developing innovative product design solutions to create business value for PepsiCo and its brands
- Applying new technologies or new design or brand principles in innovative product/process concepts
- taking initiative to develop new products
- Providing significant product support to clients and/or customers to expand opportunities
- Generates creative design proposals (visions, scenarios, products) in order to visualize the desired output and share it with internal and external team members.
- Lead research activities, identify and map unique opportunities, and effectively translates customer needs into actionable design requirements.
- Translates the requirements identified into real product design proposals, leveraging an extraordinary ability to explore different design solutions and further develop them in 3D.
- Works comfortably with the engineering function and proactively produces solutions that take into account manufacturability and feasibility.
- Responsible for driving to final design recommendations, decisions and design approval to enable execution / production phases.
- Ensure thorough consideration of all project variables and that the final solution (product, service) will perform as planned.
- Design Project Management: Responsible for partnering across disciplines within PepsiCo and external suppliers to ensure design assets are developed and delivered with quality, value, and on-time.
- Energizes and leads both the internal business and R&D team and external design resources from idea phase to commercialization.
- Ensures each stakeholder understands his/her role and responsibilities throughout the creative process.
- Regularly reviews the status of projects with appropriate leadership to verify that Company and Division expectations are met.
- 10+ years of deep product design and production experience (preferably in a global and matrixed environment, and cross industry experience)
- Undergraduate degree in Design
- Strong design and development process
- Extraordinary knowledge of 3D modeling and rendering
- Extraordinary form-factor exploration, great sketching ability and modeling skills
- Deep understanding of engineering processes and product manufacturability
- Good communicator that is able to present their ideas clearly and with conviction
- Excellent, creative problem solving
- Strong conceptual designing skills
- Excellent presentation skills across all levels
- Plans, recommends, and completes major product design programs leading to innovative solutions having significant impact on the business/staff organization.
- Advances and utilizes knowledge of technical, design, product, and market information.
- Maintains a flow of major technical and design contributions (e.g. experience design, material/product/process innovations).
Eligible for Limited Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.