Come join the new startup within Intuit as Director, Product Development and help shape the next wave of features & services that help Small Businesses find the right capital to help their businesses grow. This new group within the Small Business Group has the exciting charter of reinventing small business lending, through data driven innovation
Our focus is all about building stuff and less on politics, barriers, and titles. We are a small passionate team but get the full benefits of the bigger Intuit.
QuickBooks Capital officially launched in November 2017 after a year-long beta program. The launch received accolades and coverage on TechCrunch , CNBC , and Bloomberg. We are now looking to scale the product (accelerate number of loans, increase auto decisioning rate, AI/ML powered targeting and prediction) and the team.
This job is for you if...
- You have deep customer empathy and have an admiration for design backed thinking
- You understand the role of Big Data and are passionate about applying the power of analytics and data science to product building.
- You're able to galvanize and energize Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to translate insights into meaningful solutions.
- You have shipped products that have seen scale and volume
- You are hands-on: Be it taking on coding tasks, getting into design discussions, or helping teams through a particularly tricky technical problem.
- You Understand and practice design, development, & quality engineering functions in an agile development cycle
- You love to stay abreast of best practices in software development
- You are able to move fast and nimble even in a highly regulated industry because you build automation into every component of the product.
- You love enabling your team to ship code daily.
- You love wearing multiple hats, from solving tricky Engineering problems to innovating with business models and user experiences.
- You have abundant imagination, but you are ruthless in prioritization. Saying "No" isn't difficult for you
- Establishes a unique vision for the future and generates broad support
- Introduces new theory or ideas from within or outside Intuit to build Intuit's toolset and expand thinking (e.g.: new development processes, methodology for improving customer contact)
- Continuously assesses and acts as the architect for their organization systems to create sustainable competitive success. Turns general/generic ideas into blueprints for organizational action
- Coaches others to challenge the status quo, consider alternatives and make hard choices
- Promotes constructive debate, voices opinions explicitly that help shape key decisions and fosters this behavior and mindset across the organization
- Fosters an environment that learns from successes and mistakes, applies the learnings and makes the lessons relevant to others
- Drives significant change across complex organizational boundaries in ways that minimizes resistance
- Defines areas for improvement, and drives the change process using effective operating mechanisms and metrics
- We are seeking an individual with outstanding business acumen, who hits the sweet-spot of being strategic and "hands-on"
- Proven ability to mold the product development team (and the overall business unit) into a seamless team, with common goals and vision while winning the hearts and minds of the employees
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing best practices in a connected service, SaaS and/or mobile environmen
- He/she will have demonstrated a track record of success in achieving high-impact business results in a complex and multi-business-line work environment
- Proven, solid decision making processes… balancing principles and data along with judgment
- Demonstrated experience as a true self-starter that can quickly and independently assess business requirements and become a trusted and integral part of the executive team
- Energize the organization to drive continuous improvement and explore and implement creative ideas to significantly improve performance
- Knows how to integrate customers and engineers in such a way that drives excitement, innovation, continuous improvement, and better ways to serve our customers and significantly improve performance
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Software Engineer Staff AWS Operations Engineer Filing Product Analyst 1 Senior Software Engineer Staff Backend Java Software Engineer (SBG QuickBooks Online) See More…