Oracle Health Science Global Business Group
Director, Product Management Health Sciences
The Director Product Management will have accountability for defining, specifying, and delivering a services / solution portfolio for Oracle Health Sciences - concentrating on horizontal PaaS services supporting the entire Health Sciences solution portfolio. The position is responsible for leading the definition and delivery of new and existing services focused on simplifying key capabilities across a number of functional areas. He/she will ensure that Oracle Health Sciences has a comprehensive service portfolio of best-in-class solutions serving the Life Sciences and Healthcare industries. The ideal candidate will be a true product evangelist with extensive experience in delivering cloud based services to the life sciences and/or healthcare industry. He/she will create passion, excitement and results in others; speak at client, sales and industry conferences; and is aspires to become a product thought leader. This individual will be able to clearly discuss and communicate solution value and benefits to internal stakeholders, as well as customers, prospects, and partners.
Critical Success Factors:
• Strong leadership and executive presence in order to evangelize the product roadmaps and value propositions to internal and external audiences, including sales, analysts, customers and prospects
• Knowledge and experience in delivering cloud based services and solutions. Act as a subject matter expert on cloud deployment and an evangelist of cloud computing and all the internal and external benefits.
• Responsibility for all aspects of the solution delivery. Ability to keep an eye on the future while ensuring the current solutions are being sold and meeting client needs.
• Knowledge of Agile for delivering software services. Specific familiarity with product owner role and backlog management.
• Excellent influencing and collaboration skills to develop and deploy successful solutions by working with all departments and stakeholders facilitating successful delivery execution.
• Keen business sense to assess and prioritize tradeoffs that affect features, schedule, budget and market positioning.
• Proven track record of on time, on budget product delivery
• Identify, prioritize and specify functional and no-functional requirements for common cloud services that could be utilized across the HSGBU portfolio. Examples of these services include Clinical Trial Design, Terminology, Investigator Site management, mHealth, Validation Services, etc.
• Ensure regular updates to the product roadmap and constantly analyze new product requirements/opportunities.
• Monitor the product life cycle from inception through operation and maintenance; ensure consistency with the strategic vision and market/customer req uirements.
• Ensure that quality and performance standards are established and measured with improvement goals developed.
• Work with subject matter experts, engineering and development teams to execute on the roadmap in line with the strategic vision for the product lines.
• Work with Sales and Account Management team on strategies to win new clients and renew existing client contracts.
• Collaborate with appropriate Marketing and Sales Support to develop marketing and competitive analysis and solicits client feedback to gain insight on products, performance and needs.
• Lead and/or participate in Client Advisory Board Programs; lead an ongoing client feedback process and incorporate input into product development process.
• Recommends methodologies for and drives conflict resolution and issues to constantly improve the product lifecycle management process.
• Collaborator: Candidate will be able to gather requirements from numerous internal and external stakeholders and build an extremely strong sense of collaboration in fulfilling presented needs.
• Technical knowledge: Promotes cloud first model - helping others understand, learn, share vision of deploying services on the cloud.
• Work ethic: Candidate can reject setbacks and enthusiastically persists until ambitious goals are achieved. The successful candidate will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
• Communicative: Keeps others in the company informed and up to date on his or her priorities, current tasks and work completed. Encourages constructive criticism of his or her work
• Image and presence: Candidate will have significant exposure to customers and industry partners alike. As such, he or she must project the professional image of the company both internally and externally.
• Accountability: Candidate should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
• Problem solver: Candidate should be a strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation
• Customer Orientation: Candidate will demonstrate passionate commitment to the customer and to product quality. Champions the product and the customer's needs and implements a model of continuous improvement in both company goals and project-related task.
• BS or MS degree in engineering, business, marketing, or a related field required. In addition, the individual must have demonstrated exceptional performance in a product management role and have a minimum of 12 years experience. Life Sciences and/or Healthcare experience a must.
• Strong knowledge of cloud computing technologies and deployment models, as well as understanding of identity management, relational databases, and business intelligence tools.
• Experience developing on an Agile team software development team, preferably in the development of products and services subject to regulatory oversight (HIPPA, CFR 21 Part 11, etc...)
• Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
• Demonstrated experience working with broad cross-functional teams with ability to sell ideas and plans to internal constituencies, executives, customers, commercial team, analysts, and partners.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and group presentation skills.
• Must be able to effectively maintain/build relationship across business groups.
• Ability and willingness to travel modestly - to support select team, sales and speaking opportunities.
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.