• At Cummins, regardless of your degree or area of expertise, you have the capacity and the opportunity to immediately impact our organization and our future. As a $13 billion international leader, our diverse business segments range from innovative filtration systems, advanced turbochargers, and power generation to the world's leading diesel engines and components. Our business diversity demands the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of backgrounds. We unleash the power of Cummins by giving you the freedom to take charge, the opportunities to grow and the benefits to build your future. Our commitment to a solid work/life balance is just one example. At Cummins, you'll help make people's lives better by creating the products that provide jobs and help world economies. You'll help create innovative, environmentally responsible power solutions. You will unleash the potential of your talents as never before.
Qualifications: Skills Managing Profitability
- Directs a team of Senior Product Managers and Product Managers to ensure that product launches and ongoing product management maximizes organizational results. Interprets broad business, market and industry trends to drive successful product launches
- Develops the long-term product strategy, forecast, and the annual operating plan.
- Provides product line budget requirements into the business unit annual operating plan.
- Directs the development of product introduction plans through Senior Product Managers and Product Managers.
- Ensures that the marketing mix reflects current trends and business needs in support of product management.
- Presents marketing approach for functional review and to the change management review group.
- Drives an environment of intellectual property protection within the organization.
- Collaborates with legal counsel and engineering to understand and promote asset protection trends and tools.
- Directs market research capabilities to ensure that product management has the tools to thoroughly understand Cummins' target market and competitors.
- Defines and adopts, in the target market, a specific stance relative to the competition with the use of market research capabilities.
- Ensures that the product branding strategy is implemented effectively, and leads and supports internal and external communications in relations to the product range.
- Drives improvements through ongoing customer satisfaction activities.
- Drives process and tool changes to ensure that ongoing customer issues are resolved.
- Ensures that appropriate resources, both people and tools, are available to successfully product launches.
- Guides the development, implementation, and measurement of results of product promotions.
- Represents the interests of product management with other functions and global locations to ensure global collaboration and maximum profitability of the product lines under management.
- Champions functional excellence; drives marketing process changes that will improve Value Package Introduction and Value Package Change processes .
- Coaches and motivates Senior Product Managers and Product Managers; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates work assignments considering employee skills and development needs
- The ability to lead the strategy development process or account tracking document for a business which has multiple product lines and that may operate across multiple regions in order to deliver business profitability. This includes the ability to coordinate activities with the manufacturing and product planning organizations as required to maximize return for the entire business. The ability to coach others in the development of managing profitability.
Develop And Execute Promotion Plans
- Able to formulate strategies and provide guidance to others to develop promotional strategies to sell products and ideas. Recognizes effective initiatives and identifies features key to each market. Marketing Program Development
- Able to develop and deploy product/place strategies, balancing business objectives and strategies with customer needs and the competitive environment, across multiple product lines. Market Analysis
- Knowledge of many markets as well as the ability to deploy local and/or global processes to attain relative market information. Able to anticipate competitive action/reactions (game theory). The ability to coach others in this area. Product Knowledge
- Knowledge of the products. Able to create strategies to sell the features and benefits of new products. Identifies strategies to gather data to increase sales opportunities. Market Positioning
- Has experience creating and successfully implementing market positioning strategies and can apply them in any given market. Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Marketing, Sales, or a related subject required. MBA or equivalent degree highly preferred.
Significant experience required including strategy, managerial, and budgetary experience. Broad business understanding required.
Should have significant experience with IOT (Internet of Things)
Provides Lean Agile role of Portfolio Manager - Responsible for product Strategy & funding needed to deliver products and Total Business Solutions
Develop and communicate the program vision and roadmap to motivate, coordinate and focus the product management and planning team as well as other teams inside the Digital Accelerator and its external stakeholders and senior management peers.
Bridging the interests of 'voice-of-customer' (VoC) driven product management and planning functions with interests of system and solution architecture to provide the long term view of product and solution enablers as the 'voice of product enablement systems'
This role has a responsibility to understand the Budget parameters for the upcoming fiscal period, understand how Strategic Themes influence the strategic direction
Partner with cross-functional leadership to collaborate and extract meaningful insights and articulate product strategy, positioning, and decisions while eliciting commitment of resources.
Supports Lean-Agile Program Guidance, and Lean Governance drawing on team collaboration with cross functional teams across Business Units and ABOs.
Ensures the coordination between programs and other functions within Cummins to deliver a 'total business solution' that marries 'Product/solution readiness' with product marketing (suggested pricing, competitive positioning, value propositions and channel enabling support) and channel readiness or 'Run readiness' needs as well as product launch logistics.
Coaches the Product Management and Planning team on managing the product lifecycle from ideation to implementation to ensure seamless transition into releases and grow our product with aggressive deadlines.
Measure and analyze performance of product initiatives against ROI, KPIs, and other metrics. Continually generate ideas for product evolution and expansion as well as working with Innovations teams to add new product lines.
Provides product line budget requirements into the business unit annual operating plan.
Directs the development of product introduction plans through Senior Product Managers and Product Managers as well as market vertical aligned Product Planning.
Drives an environment of intellectual property protection within the organization.
Collaborates with legal counsel and engineering to understand and promote asset protection trends and tools.
Directs market research capabilities to ensure that product management has the tools to thoroughly understand Cummins' target market and competitors.
Drives improvements through ongoing customer satisfaction activities.
Ensures that appropriate resources, both people and tools, are available to successfully product launches.
Represents the interests of product management with other functions and global locations to ensure global collaboration and maximum profitability of the product lines under management.
Champions functional excellence; drives marketing process changes that will improve Value Package Introduction and Value Package Change processes.
Promote an 'outside-in' UX based approach to transforming customer experience of Cummins with a holistic view of needs and desires gained through direct market interactions at events and customer meetings/surveys. Balances answering Market problems; pricing, promotion, placement and overall product lifecycle management. Compensation and Benefits
Base annual salary commensurate with experience plus annual variable compensation. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins NAD
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Distribution Business consists of 17 company-owned distributors and 10 joint ventures, covering 90 countries and territories through 233 locations. Through this network, trained personnel sell and distribute Cummins-branded products, related services and broader solutions such as maintenance contracts, engineering services and customized integrated products. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.