Company Description About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
The Global Solutions organization at Visa has overall responsibility for all aspects of product strategy and development in consumer and business products, as well as platform development and commercial information management. A part of Global Solutions is the Digital Developed Markets team looking at payment solutions for developed and emerging electronic payment markets. The Director, Product Management - Cloud-based Payments and Token Solutions position will be based in this team and will focus on new product development to address new market opportunities and strategic business objectives.Job Scope
The selected candidate for this role will be recognized as a senior thought leader and authority on mobile payments application solutions both inside and outside of Visa. This is an individual contributor role responsible for working on highly complex mobile payment products and services, including Visa payWave for Mobile, cloud-based payment, and Visa provisioning services, with broad strategic and technical implications across Visa's initiatives in the mobile channel.Responsibilities:
- The core responsibility as a product manager for cloud-based payments will be to manage the evolution and dissemination of the product roadmap for key capabilities of Visa cloud-based payments that support Visa mobile payment products and solutions in digital channels, which include product technology standards development and Visa managed services development.
- Collaborate with product management leads for the underlying payment and provisioning product lines to ensure strategic alignment, and coordinating with cross-product and technology teams to avoid duplicative solutions and promote common services across all mobile payment form factors and channels.
- Be a technical product guru, with an emphasis on new payment feature sets, such as QR codes and in-app payments, for new Visa product and service initiatives, in order to have productive conversations with technology development teams and external partners to ensure deliverables are of a high quality and meet business requirements.
- Work with partners in the mobile ecosystem and with business stakeholders within Visa to identify and construct product improvements and enhancements, through product idealization and development of business and functional requirements, which support new business opportunities in the marketplace.
- Maintain a strong ongoing relationship and dialogue with implementation and business development teams to ensure that changes to the product road map are clearly communicated in a timely manner.
- Ensure the development and launch of product releases meet key milestones in the product road map, from developing prototypes with technology teams to global product launches of Visa services.
- Develop guidelines, policies, practices, and procedures to facilitate the usage of cloud-based payment solutions by clients and partners, including creating clear and concise internal product and external documentation and materials.
- Support relationships with ecosystem partners and suppliers, such as Issuers, merchants, mobile application platform and service providers, mobile device manufacturers and mobile network operators, which will develop mobile payment experiences that use or support new Visa mobile payment products and services.
- The position will necessitate heads down efforts in the design, development and implementation of product improvements, as well as primary ownership of a change management process in order to properly vet and prioritize new features and capabilities resulting from such improvements.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, ideally coupled with a background in software engineering and product management. A MBA would be desirable.
- The Director role typically requires a minimum of 12 years progressively responsible business experience with product development experience in mobile payments and/or mobile platforms.
- An ability to adjust messaging according to the audience, from going deep into the technical design and implementation of a solution with development and technology teams to providing an overview of product strategy and proposition to Visa management, clients and partners.
- Experience with product development methodology for technology products, including direct involvement in the development of product vision, requirements gathering, functional design and technical implementation.
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment of delivering payment products for digital channels (i.e., mobile or e-commerce) and supporting assets for consumer facing products and services.
- Experience with mobile payments application and backend services development for open or closed loop payment systems, from the standpoint of bringing a mobile payments solution to market.
- Experience with software engineering methodologies used to support mobile product development.
- Understanding of mobile payments technology and architecture, including JavaCard, NFC, TSMs, OTA, secure elements, contactless payments, online/remote payments, QR Codes, cloud based payments and chip cards (contact and contactless).
- An ability to translate product complexities into practical business solutions appropriate for Visa's clients and partners.
- Being able to be analytical and fact-based when necessary to defend product roadmap decisions, and given the changing nature of and uncertainty inherent in the mobile payments space, being a flexible and creative thinker able to craft solutions to business opportunities.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to drive consensus in cross regional and cross-functional teams.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.