Director Product Management - iPaaS and API Management
Posted: October 03, 2016
Reference ID: 16001393
We are hiring for a senior leadership opportunity with Oracle - iPaaS and API Management. This role will be responsible for Product Management of API Management Tools. This person, for Oracle Integration Products in the Cloud, will be a strategist and thought leader. You will gather requirements and use cases, and will develop and orchestrate product messaging and positioning.
We are looking for someone who has:
• deep experience in the rapidly evolving API management market
familiarity with security, user interface, agile development technologies
• comprehensive understanding of business value of internal and external APIs
• imagination and vision to bring a new effort to best-of-breed market status
• 7 years' experience in technical product management
• proven track record of successful software product delivery (preferably in one or more of integration, web, and mobile product areas)
• strong communication and presentation skills, especially guiding rapid development teams and agile development environment
• ability to demonstrate business value and thought leadership to customers and senior management
• be a self-starter and work well in a matrix organization
• be able to interact with business and operational executives, and with industry thought leaders to synthesize concise, compelling messaging and positioning that provides differentiated competitive advantage
• strong background in product management, along with excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• strong understanding of enterprise software and cloud computing with hands-on experience in iPaaS, SaaS, SOA, EDI integration products in the cloud
• awareness of and interaction with industry leading analysts, writers, and advisors is expected
Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a manager in the product development division, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.