Are you passionate about the worldwide transition to cloud that's currently happening in the enterprise? Do you love to compete? Do you thrive in dynamic environments where the market landscape is constantly changing? Are you excited by the opportunity to make Oracle THE #1 cloud platform in the market?
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Product Marketing team is looking to hire a Director of Product Marketing to help build and execute on our messaging, positioning, collateral, and go to market efforts relative to key Oracle competitors for IaaS. This role requires product expertise, business and marketing savviness and close collaboration with stakeholders across marketing, product development and field sales teams.
As a manager in product marketing, you will be responsible for the following:
- Leading the development of Cloud GTM marketing specifications for IaaS (infrastructure as a service).
- Manage marketing activities within the context of the overall corporate plan to meet company objectives.
- Monitor the development of business plans and business results.
- Manage lifecycles and product positioning in the market place.
- Identify customer needs, oversee market research, and monitor the market trends/competitive landscape.
- Implement and monitor field sales plays, integrated campaigns.
- Act as a technical advisor for specific product(s) including public speaking.
- Initiate and foster relationships with development, sales, and other groups to develop new products or enhance functionality of existing product(s) or product line(s).
- Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
- Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers. Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy.
As the IaaS compete lead, your key responsibilities will include:
- Defining the strategy and framework for our Global IaaS GTM program
- Analyzing competitors' strategy, including a deep understanding of competitors' product portfolios down to feature level expertise
- Identifying opportunities to out-position competitors based on areas of product differentiation, both in the short and long term
- Building technical content to help customers understand Oracle vs. competitor's offerings
- Defining and creating compete content BOM including use cases, detailed personas, key themes, customer lifecycle messaging, differentiated value propositions and ROI, field communications and sales enablement readiness in partnership with other product marketing managers, product management and field sales teams.
- Partnering with members of other teams within the marketing org, including advertising, digital, communication, integrated marketing and product marketing teams to put compete marketing plans into action
- Deep knowledge of the public cloud market as a whole, specific knowledge of competing public cloud offers (e.g. AWS), and Oracle's Cloud offerings. Hands-on experience with cloud technology and experience or desire to learn and go deep our competitors' products and services.
- The ability to work across teams (engineering, marketing, sales and services) to ensure we create and promote the right competitive messages through the right vehicles
- Demonstrated bias for action and driving results
- At least 3 to 5 years' experience in roles such as product management, product marketing, sales engineering, technical evangelism, etc. within the technology industry. Specific experience in cloud computing is highly preferred.
The candidate should also have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (preferred), Marketing or related field
- MBA (or equivalent in related work experience)
Recruiter Contact: Erin Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Ability to work with Executives. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Creative, energetic, and enthusiastic. Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Basic HTML and web technology skills a plus. 8 years technology/industry experience and BA/BS/MBA degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.