Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Key Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction through managers to ensure that overall marketing function is effectively meeting the organization's strategic goals for a segment/ functional area
- Directs the development of market requirements within a segment/functional area of specific products or product lines including product strategy definition, requirement analysis, technology product roadmaps and pricing.
- Direct and controls the activities of a segment/functional area and leads effective marketing and cross-functional teams
- Directs the development of segment/functional business plans, assesses market penetration and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share.
- Recommends to GM how to most effectively deploy resources to achieve business goals for a segment/ functional area
- Directs the competitive analysis of specific products or product lines. Monitors market research, competitive activity and identifies/evaluates customer needs; assess competitive advantages and recommends techniques and product enhancements to increase market penetration.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of pricing strategies to build and protect a leadership position in market share while enhancing profit margins and developing marketing tools for successful product introductions
- Drives effective interface with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products and enhance existing products as well as communicate critical market needs and time requirements
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.