Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Key Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and responsibility for the overall quality management of all Component & Services Divisions. Enhance quality performance and capabilities through early involvement, enforcement of quality systems and on-going engineering support
- Provide day to day management and support to both quality personnel and internal customers for all Q&R issues/concerns
- Lead early involvement from design stage of tooling, machines and components to understand the quality function deployment and ensure manufacturing functions are able to deliver to the quality levels consistently
- Drive the investigation of all customer complaints and facilitate resolution as well as successful completion of all related corrective and prevention actions
- Work closely with business segments to assure downstream customer requirements are met
- Set performance measures to monitor business unit's quality performance
- Recruit, train, develop and provide performance guidance to the assigned team.
- Assist teams members to execute on business improvement efforts and projects. Identify issues and challenges, measure and validate results, successfully implement solutions, and develop control plans to ensure continuation of improvements from design to end-of-life. Ensure that all project documentation is maintained accurately.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.