114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
Director, Product Testing & Analytics - Consumer Bank Team
In the Consumer Bank, we’ve combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We’ve challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
Do you get excited by the idea of pioneering entirely new data products from the ground up, untapping value from enormous, high-quality data sets that Google and Facebook want but don’t have? Are you pumped by creating the quality data, platforms, and processes that enable a lasting franchise, launching products that disrupt multi-billion dollar industries? Then we want you! As a Director of Product Testing & Analytics focusing on Consumer Bank products, you’ll be working closely with Head of New Product Innovation for Consumer Bank to create data driven strategies that turbocharge new customer growth.
On any given day in the Bank you’ll be:
Designing the Future: Institute a testing platform to drive all aspects of growth, including marketing, conversion funnel, eligibility, identity, and onboarding strategies. How should we leverage Google Analytics, Adobe Test & Target, Optimizely, homegrown or other solution?
Learning, Applying, Iterating: Leverage the platform to lead and drive our A/B testing strategy. Where do our best and worst customers come from? How do we growth-hack with that knowledge in hand? What role does machine learning play?
Developing and Leading Winning Teams: Manage a team of product owners responsible for instilling your vision for next generation testing, monitoring, and analytics platforms across the Consumer Bank organization. What combination of talent will propel the organization forward?
Building: Collaborate with Engineering to design the optimal data architecture for a new scaled platform.
Minimizing Risk: Owning our agenda around regulatory adherence, data auditability and the process design and documentation required to run a well-managed bank. How do we leverage platforms and automation to be “well managed by design”, boosting quality while minimizing overhead required?
Measuring: Identify highest areas of leverage via benchmarking, measuring, testing, and iterating. Are we winning? How do we know?
Automating in Real Time: Establish and evangelize the automation of exemplary software delivery through real-time monitoring suites such as Elastic, Logstash, and Kibana. Does intent meet execution? How quickly do we diagnose and rectify?
Trailblazing: Collaborate with Product to develop new use cases and expand the business in new directions. Design and enable greatest opportunities to harness big data tools and capabilities. Where is there leverage in Hadoop?
Moving and Shaking: Identify and nurture relationships with thought leaders, startups, VCs, meetup groups, and academics. How might Capital One propel the tech community forward?
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- At least 5 years of building and using testing platforms and analytics suites, and a point of view on how to do it right
- Curiosity: You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea. You probably have a diploma and an impressive GPA, or you dropped out of college, taught yourself and routinely win Kaggle competitions
- Data skills: You know how to move data around, from a database or an API, through a transformation or two, a model and into human-readable form (ROC curve, Excel chart, map, d3 visualization, Tableau, etc.). You probably know Python, Java, R, Storm, Julia, SQL, Matlab, Mahout, or think everything can be done in a Perl one-liner
- Boldness: Big, undefined problems and petabytes don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get dirty in problem solving
- Experience at a well-oiled agile shop or startup a plus
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and “bought in” leadership environment
- At least 7 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer products
- At least 7 years of experience building and launching consumer applications on web and mobile platforms
- At least 7 years of experience instituting and leveraging testing and analytics platforms
- At least 7 years of digital industry experience for consumers
- At least 1 year of Agile product management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- Passion for or experience in fintech
- At least 7 years of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- At least 7 years of experience as a digital Consumer Product Owner in an Agile development process
- MBA or Masters in Decision Sciences related field
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.