Director, Program Management (Job Number: 024608)
Corporate Office - 106 WILMOT RD
106 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Organizes program portfolios in assigned area(s) to promote Program Management disciplines and associated delivery of results for WAG key initiatives. Manages/oversees program management and deliverables for the project, program and/ or portfolio for assigned area. Develops practices and reporting/project management frameworks dedicated to assigned area. Develops and Implements strategies and best action/implementation plans to develop the office. Reviews standardized policies/processes established by the Corporate PMO and ensures consistency within the assigned area. Job Responsibilities
- Identifies, troubleshoots, resolves, and escalates issues and risks to the next level and/or Business Owners, when necessary.
- Oversees and manages key client relationships, including but not limited to client Business Owner.
- Ensures consistency in approach/implementation of project management framework/standards across functional areas - as required by the CPMO.
- Resolves high level conflicts by making broad decisions, or negotiating with affected executive management.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with various audiences, including executive management.
- Directs a program plan that involves a large number of project staff.
- Directs the activities of project teams through other project and/or program managers.
- Defines problems/needs and solutions involving substantial latitude (judgment/decision making skills) in course of action.
- Organizes project teams by identifying areas of needed expertise and required skills. Directs the activities of project teams to ensure quality and timeliness of project completion.
- Contributes to performance management of a matrixed team.
- Prepares standard and ad hoc management reports and presentations for assigned projects.
- Oversees the management and reporting of a portfolio of programs and projects; provides insights to management regarding program progress, resource needs, and risks to assist with long-range planning efforts.
- Establishes and monitors project requirements. Provides ongoing management of project from inception to completion.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of experience performing Portfolio / Program / Project Management OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience performing Portfolio/Program/Project Management.
- Experience using business analytical skills including facilitating workshops.
- Experience implementing business process, protocols and best practices.
- Experience with program and project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience with achieving team effectiveness through breaking down internal/external barriers.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization, such as peers, internal/external stakeholders, business partners, senior level managers, executives.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience in indirect management of team members OR 2 years of direct management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Consulting experience with firms such as Accenture, Deloitte, KPMG, Slalom, etc.
- Master's Degree or MBA.
- Experience with Portfolio Management.
- Certification in Project Management such as PMP as granted by PMI OR Willingness to obtain certification in Project Management such as PMP as granted by PMI within one year of hire date.
- At least 2 years of experience leading and managing a large-scale, cross functional program and managing teams of 5 or more across business units.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.