Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
Aramark Enterprise Systems Development is seeking a Program Director to lead the Group Puchasing Organization (GPO) IT portfolio at Aramark and subsidiary companies. This position will be responsible for managing professional employees and third party service providers in multiple IT disciplines and business areas.
Leads the Program Management Office (PMO) providing governance, alignment, management, and optimization across multiple projects to achieve the GPO IT vision. Institute and manage governance structure, processes and procedures to accomplish overall objectives and ensure teams meet deadlines and budgets for deliverables. Align top-down vision, goals and objectives from business strategy through to successful completion of IT projects for program objectives. Lead and manage regular reviews for accountability and successful management of projects, stakeholders and suppliers. Lead the optimization of performance across program platforms to achieve the best functional and technical value within budget constraints.
Plans, designs, and maintain the system/services required to operate and support the Program Management Office. Responsible for establishing and implementing policies, procedures and priorities supporting the use and management of the system(s). Provides consulting services to the business units for the development and use of systems. Oversees the definition and development of, with user input, the requirements to assure continued, effective use of the system(s). Responsible for ensuring that projects are planned, scheduled, monitored properly, and that effective communication with management to convey project status is conducted. This role includes the formation of the project workplan, definition and execution of world-class project management practices, tracking project issues and driving them to resolution, as well as communicating project status to all levels of the organization. This candidate should demonstrate a thorough understanding of requirement specification, design, integration, testing and support of information systems and should have previous experience with managing both internal and external resources and multiple, simultaneous projects. Candidate will be responsible for the work efforts of multiple project managers who will not necessarily be direct reports. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to facilitate, plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership experience in PMO stuctures and processes covering program management, process design and operational support. Candidate is expected to bring best practices through demonstrated knowledge and experience.
- Provide leadership, guidance, influence and mentoring for project teams as well as a route of escalation for project related risks and issues. The Program Director will drive project related communications to leadership and various project and program stakeholders to facilitate project definition, direction and status, as well as partner with business leaders to achieve the goals of assigned projects.
- Creates and manages the overall program with multiple project work streams, program-level reporting, and financial management. The Program Director will manage multiple project teams including, but not limited to, Project Managers, technical resources, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), vendor representatives/ teams, and Business Analysts to achieve the stated goals of assigned projects.
- Prepares and develops presentations to all levels of management, often to convince senior management to adopt certain strategies and/or invest in a technology. Leads the development of effective networks of internal and external customers, suppliers, the technical community, and consultants.
- Manages critical success factors and develops standard metrics for implementations to measure utilization and system performance across all applications within program.
- Addresses technical and project/process management problems that may have not been encountered previously in the organization, leverages learnings and experiences of others. Can assess the most complex systems and models. Can analyze complex business and competitive issues and discern their implications for the organization.
- Manages large sized projects, including those involving multiple technologies, significant operational or implementation risks, complex business functionality, and broad implications for the business and/or the IT architecture.
- Assists in the day-to-day leadership for one or more functions within an IT department. Otherwise acts as a project leader, "lead" or "senior" role over positions performing essential the same or related work.
- 10+ years of project management experience, PMP or PgMP certification and/or consulting experience is preferred with minimum of 3 years of Program Management (multiple projects)
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Engineering, Operations Management or similar discipline
- Successful management and delivery of process impacting applications for mid to large scale projects utilizing a combination of internal, vendor, and 3 rd party resources, including software development
- Demonstrated leadership experience in multiple relevant project implementations, program management, process design and operational support.
- Possesses an in-depth understanding in the areas of software development, process development, operations, procurement, testing, systems deployment, and on-going support.
- Proven ability to manage client expectations and communications, external vendors and project deliverables and communicate with executive leadership
- Demonstrates the ability to challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor
- Supply Chain Finance experience a plus
The PMO Director must be self-confident but also have the ability to network and influence behaviors/actions through listening, persuasion and diplomacy. She/he should have well developed management and people skills, as well as strong analytical and reasoning skills. The successful placement must have a strong sense of commitment to the company and the position, and be enthusiastic about the opportunity to make a substantial contribution to its continued growth.
- A leader who is business savvy and has the maturity, drive, patience and knowledge necessary to work throughout the organization to build and lead of a world-class project management organization.
- A team player who collaborates well with peers, subordinates and superiors and works effectively across a matrix organization.
- An effective communicator who thinks strategically and has a strong customer service orientation.
- Independent thinker; capable of managing vendors and peers
- Action oriented; not afraid to roll up her/his sleeves and get into the details of a business.
- Participative management style - advocates team concept.
- Sound judgment and good communication skills; able to communicate effectively with both internal management and external providers/suppliers.
- Articulate individual who understands the business and can talk about it both internally and externally.
- Effectively deals with ambiguity and holds him/herself accountable regardless of responsibility.
- Drive changes by influencing others and explaining the benefits of a given course or action.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.