Johnson & Johnson World Headquarters is recruiting for a Director, Project Management, Acquisitions & Divestiture Operations located in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Director, Project Management reports to the Vice President Finance & Chief Financial Officer, for the Office of the Chief Scientific Officer and is responsible for project management supporting project, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of large-scale or complex projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Partner with Business Development, Group Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents of Functions, Functional Project Managers and individual business leadership and staff to drive end-to-end project management to affect successful project delivery and value creation.
- Engage in complex acquisitions and divestitures.
- Partner with Business Development for the full project lifecycle including project planning and initiation, project execution and delivery, and project closure.
- Use project management skills to manage project roles, identify and manage resource requirements, define project deliverables, measure outcomes and insure quality of projects to maximize growth and value creation for Johnson & Johnson.
- Have matrix accountability for a project team (8-15 leaders at Manager through VP level) and may have direct accountability for significant contract resources.
- Should create a sense of belonging and ownership among team members; assembles a team with the right mix of skills; coaches and motivates team members; delegates responsibility; promotes mutual support and interaction.
- Consults and provides advice, facilitates discussion and resolves conflict; establishes trust; builds and uses cross-functional relationships to accomplish work objectives.
- Process Improvement and Change Management:
- Implement lessons learned for each project and incorporate into enterprise processes for future improvements.
- Forge and maintain external networks to learn and inform improved practices.
- Prepares those affected by change and monitors transition.
- Understands how and when to make a choice; how and when to escalate issues to higher levels.
- Analyzes the risks and future impact of decisions.
- Makes decisions and takes timely independent action in pursuit of priorities.
- Lead, collaborate, challenge and influence peers, subordinates and senior management.
- This individual will convey any message easily and quickly.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Listens attentively and seeks clarification
- Responds well to questions
- Maintains professional nonverbal communication analogous to situation.
- Write clearly and informatively with a high level of sophistication. Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Read and interpret complex written information.
- This individual will present clearly and informatively, easily maintaining audience attention and responding to audience needs.
- Facilitates discussion, progress effectively, and manage audience as needed (internally and externally).
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of business experience in Project Management, Business Development, integrations, divestitures, mergers & acquisitions, global enterprise, Supply Chain, commercial sales function, and/or related experience is required.
- Previous experience working as a team member on a minimum of three full integrations.
- Previous experience leading a minimum of two full integrations as a Project Manager or Integration Lead.
- Experience managing large, cross functional teams (ex, 10-15 people) is required.
- Ability to establish business cases within a project in consultation with business partners is required.
- Ability to lead, collaborate, challenge and influence peers, subordinates and senior management is required.
- Ability to facilitate a discussion, progress effectively, and manage audience as needed (internally and externally) is required.
- Ability to supervise and manage day-to-day activities of contact resources and matrix project team is required.
- Must be self-accountable for flawless project execution.
- Demonstrated clear bias for action and a sense of urgency is required.
- Superior teamwork skills as well as demonstrated experience building collaboration are required.
- Must be a strategic thinker with an ability to dive into details.
- Must be willing and able to work in Raritan, NJ.
- Approximately 20% travel required (domestic and global) depending on deal characteristics.
- Experience working in global acquisitions & divestitures strongly preferred.
- Core business knowledge and business leadership experience partnering with Supply Chain, Sales and/or R&D from a finance, business development, or project management perspective is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading complex or large-scale projects is preferred.
- Experience working with commercial teams and innovation portfolios is preferred.
- Business Development experience/exposure is preferred.
- Financial Management for project budget of $20MM is preferred.
- Experience planning and implementing change management for projects with global, multi-regional, cross company impact, or large scale user impact is preferred.
- An understanding of large IT systems and programs is preferred.
- PMP or Prince2 certification is preferred.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.