Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter. Tyco Security Products
designs, manufactures and markets intrusion and access video security products for a global security market for both commercial and residential markets. It has 2,000 employees who are located in R&D engineering, supply chain, manufacturing and sales facilities in N. Ireland, UK, Italy, U.S., Canada, India and China. We have globally recognized brands and quality security products to protect people and property.
We are currently looking for a Director, Project Management Office (PMO)
to join our team in Westford, MA
. Purpose of Position :
Directs and oversees the Program Management Office (PMO) for all of Tyco Security Products ($1.0B), including the Intrusion and ACVS businesses, to ensure that projects which are critical to business success (new products, VA/VE, IT, etc.) meet specific time, financial and performance goals. Develops and implements PMO processes and policies, directs project management staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and deliver key projects and programs. Leads and directs the work of others. Key Responsibilities :
Job Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Lead a global team of 20-25 project managers across 10 global R&D locations.
- Develop and implement full functioning, global PMO for the Tyco Security Products business, including: globally consistent methods and tools for project initiation, team structure, financial management, risk management, new product development processes, project/program reviews, escalation processes, business case development and cross-functional team leadership. Drive a continuous improvement culture/mindset with respect to project delivery and leadership demonstrated through the utilization of useful project performance metrics and defined performance improvement plans.
- Partner with leadership teams to ensure appropriate planning, execution, visibility, tracking, and leadership to enhance project success rates.
- Develop and implement project performance metrics to provide a data-centric view of PMO performance and to validate improvement on an ongoing basis
- Perform extensive resource planning/allocation activities in conjunction with ensuring appropriate project financial management for planning project portfolio.
- Communicates and drives the adoption and alignment of standards, policies and procedures across the business, globally.
- Responsible for accumulating and disseminating PMO best practices. Drives the use of best practices and applies lessons learned to improve select performance outcomes.
- Leads departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products.
- Drive strategic management of identified programs, to ensure that the programs are aligned to the customer needs, and enterprise business goals. .
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation of major engineering, technology & innovation strategies and initiatives as determined by the Engineering Director, CTO, ELT and Global Engineering Team.
- Bachelor Degree in a technical field is required, Advanced degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of direct PMO leadership experience in a $500M+ multi-site global business
- 5+ years of experience as a working project manager, preferably in an embedded system development or other complex product development environment
- Knows what a good PMO office looks like with a track record of continuous improvement in a new product development environment
- PMI certification required
- Solid leadership presence and ability to lead a global multi-site PMO team
- Superior project management skills, including the ability to execute and prioritize a number of tasks simultaneously and experience managing cross functional teams.
- Understands and can implement project portfolio management techniques to continuously improve return on R&D investments
- Understands the factors influencing project cycle time, and has the proven ability to implement practices that result in reductions in over-all project time to completion.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls or agencies please.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.