Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Project Team Innovation in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Director working on the Project Team Innovation team, you will be empowered to drive innovation across all of R&D, and a typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- The Director, Project Team Innovation provides strategic and operational leadership by collaborating with senior leaders, internal and external partners to support effective planning, execution, and ensuring robust change management.
- Lead the effort to build a culture dedicated to operational excellence and continuous improvement throughout R&D. Responsible to drive change resulting in simplified processes, eliminating non-value added work and creating repeatable and measurable processes in support of R&D strategic initiatives.
- This position is responsible for partnering with key stakeholders on cross-therapeutic area innovation initiatives aimed at improving Global Program Team (GPT) operational effectiveness by identifying gaps in process and providing innovative solutions to improve efficiency, reduce risk, and improve overall performance.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Education & Experience
- Lead strategic development and execution of GPT operational effectiveness initiatives.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders (DDUs, TAUs and Business Units, specifically with GPT members and TA leadership) to lead, develop, optimize, and sustain GPT-related operational effectiveness activities
- Drive innovation and improvements in efficiency, service and quality through optimization of process by partnering with key stakeholders and contributes to multi-disciplinary teams that manage ACT sessions or other change management initiatives designed to improve GPT operational effectiveness
- Direct implementation of recommendations from of the GPT Matrix ACT and other enhancements to GPT effectiveness (decision making, facilitation, decision trees, risk management, etc)
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, along with the Center of Operational Performance (CoOP) Project Management Office, to benchmark, identify and harmonize best practices to improve team performance. Analyze requirements, evaluate trends and build a strategic plan that is innovative, reasonable and executable.
- Provide leadership for elevating capabilities that impact GPT effectiveness and recommend actions to find real solutions
- Leads discreet elements of R&D Transformation, in close collaboration with the Transformation Office, that impact GPT operational effectiveness
- Direct and lead continuous improvement of processes and supporting tools to determine Project Team best practices; ensure appropriate capabilities and resourcing needs including budget and tools for strategic operational effectiveness initiatives (ie working with GPTs to develop and implement an integrated development plan and associated operational strategy & plan).
- Orchestrate involvement of appropriate functions/individuals in relevant communications, decisions and working groups. Perform high-level analysis of meeting outcomes and provide recommendations for effective execution. Generate collaboration, cooperation and communication across functions and between regions by leveraging the experience and knowledge of a diverse workforce.
- Bachelors required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 1 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical or related health care industry
- Minimum 8 years experience in process improvement, business innovation / consulting or other relevant experiences
- Minimum 5 years of managing teams in a global matrix team environment or managing people.
- Demonstrated strengths in innovation, project management, problem solving, communications and change management.
- Experience facilitating cross functional teams and leading/coaching process improvement teams.
- Experience in operating in a multi-disciplinary drug development environment, including international exposure
- Experience working within a complex organization and demonstrated ability to work across functions and regions, at all levels where the incumbent may not have direct authority
- Strong proven leadership capability with developed skills in team building, motivating, and developing people
- Ability to influence and work effectively with various business partnerships, regions, and cultures
- Ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner in multi-cultural environment.
- Analytical Skills – ability to analyze a wide variety of data, including financial figures to make decisions.
- Pharmaceutical Industry Acumen – ability to inform and implement business solutions based on trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within pharmaceutical industry and health care environment.
- Passionate about drug development
- Knowledge of project management skills and methods; PMP desirable
- Requires the flexibility and tolerance to best manage change and differing opinions with diplomacy and competence.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; adept at creating and delivering presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations. Excellent organizational skills: Proactive, management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling.
- May work on the computer for several hours at a time
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 10 % travel.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.