What you’ll be doing...
This position oversees the property taxes for Verizon. This position will also lead a staff of 25 property tax professionals to focus on tax minimization strategies, all compliance for Verizon’s property taxes, and work closely with attorneys on litigation and team with the Verizon’s External Policy group on legislation to protect shareholder value. The successful candidate will need to have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal and will need to be a leader that can motivate and develop the staff.
- Manage all state and local property tax returns, including related analysis and support.
- Responsible for research related to various state and local property tax laws.
- Responsible for managing all audits and inquiries related to property taxes.
- Manage the monthly account reconciliations of all property tax accounts and budgets.
- Directs and Supervise professional staff to file timely, accurate returns and to focus on tax minimization.
- Work closely with attorneys on litigation.
- Work closely with the External Policy group and guide them on new laws that will protect shareholder’s value.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place for tax compliance and accounting for all property taxes.
- Ensure the necessary processes, information and systems are optimized to efficiently and effectively maintain the Company’s tax compliance responsibilities.
- Results oriented leader and team player.
- Manage andleadstaff through coaching, motivation and providing direction to deliver expected results.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Masters of Tax and/or CPA is a plus.
- 10+ years of related experience, including in a supervisory capacity.
- Need to be a successful negotiator.
- Need to have a thorough understanding of valuations
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Ability to build relationships and work cross functionally.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be fully accountable as it relates to deadline oriented nature of the position
- Experience with PTMS is a plus
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.