Coca-Cola's Global Marketing Strategy & Insights team is seeking a highly motivated, strategic thinker with a consultative mindset. This person will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of global research and analysis protocols that yield actionable insights for the business. You will work with key stakeholders around the world to ensure our foundational research and insight programs help shape winning strategies and execution plans at the global and local level.
This individual will lead the evolution of Coca-Cola's global research protocols including equity tracking, consumption drivers & barriers, corporate reputation and links to media and communications (IMC, Digital, Social). You will contribute to the management, analysis and reporting of our global brand tracking program that is used to improve the performance of our brands and broader portfolio of beverage products. This individual will also contribute to the ongoing innovation of how we understand consumer attitudes and perceptions and how they drive consumer choice, and connect the program to other sources of information for more integrated and holistic consumer insight.
The successful candidate will bring a mix of research and analytic expertise, program management skills, business consulting, and an enthusiasm for enabling Coca-Cola to win with our consumers!Position Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership of our core research, strategy and innovation of key protocols (brand equity tracking, drivers & barriers, consumption models, and corporate reputation) and the application of results across global marketing teams
- Integrate brand equity research into a full research/consumer understanding cycle, incorporating inputs from IMC Tracking, Link/Advertising Testing, Media Investments and Digital/Social tracking elements
- Develop and support brand diagnostic/predictive models to provide actionable guidance that will inform marketing communications and brand development strategies
- Work in collaboration with Corporate Strategy to monitor, evaluate and improve the company's corporate reputation
- Lead the development of new analysis approaches, interpretation and correct application of measures and metrics across the K&I function relating to protocol data. Management of overall analysis framework development and ensuring actionable insight delivery and communication from these protocols. Specific management of agency supply chain and Quality Control data assurance across these consumer protocols.
- Negotiate commercial agreements with specific Market Research companies and overall protocol management / execution of research and business planning initiatives to support the protocols. Decisions tend to be strategic and include global purchasing, guidelines for delivery standards, quality control and globally required components
- Manage information and vendors providing information and KPIs that evaluate consumer execution in areas like consumption incidence and frequency, equity, Brand Love and Corporate Reputation in coordination with the research & insights analytics teamKey Duties:
- Helps define the strategy, agenda and priorities for Tracking, Drivers & Barriers and Corporate Reputation protocols to deliver consumer and market insight
- Advises global marketing teams on protocol measures and metrics application, interpretation and analysis approaches
- Develops new analysis frameworks for innovative insight and business plan development
- Facilitates best practice sharing of analysis approaches and business unit application
- Leads a council of knowledge & insights professionals with a specific focus on protocol development and application
- Shapes future direction of global protocols while ensuring globally aligned data and insight provision
- Responsible for the commercial negotiation with specific Market Research companies and overall project management / execution of research protocol development initiatives and quality of application and business planning to support the center teams and business unit application
Direct supervision responsibility over a team of 1. Direct relationship with agencies on-sites (resources 100% dedicated to Coca-Cola account)
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS:
- Market research industry expertise with a broad range of tools techniques and applications
- Understanding of advances in mathematical modelling techniques and human psychology understanding specifically related to brands equity, purchasing and consumption
- Informed, intuition and ability to transform an insight into action
- Gifted of sensibility and empathy skills.
- Imaginative, enthusiastic and courageous. Change catalyst.
- Leadership with capacity to advocate for new ideas without excluding others.
- Evidence of social, political & emotional intelligence.
- Assertiveness to express his/her own point of view with confidence.
- Establishes Strategic Direction.
- High creativity, initiative and communication skills.
- Leads by example. Role model.
- Negotiation. Networking capabilities.
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years working in the research / consulting / K&I fields.
- Experience in K&I in regional or Global work
- Experience in understanding market research analysis tools and techniques.
- Experience in managing relationships with internal & external suppliers and partners
- Extensive knowledge of the market research industry.
- Experience in continuous and ad hoc research (Qualitative and Quantitative).
- Experience in complex project management.
- Experience working with multicultural research colleagues.
Graduate and/or MBA in Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology or Economics or Mathematics
• Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
• Collaborate with System, Customers, and other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
• Act like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
• Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
• Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
Ability to understand broad cultural diversity. English fluent speaker required.
Approximately 6 trips per year. Necessary for BU and Agency Meetings, to meet local teams and suppliers, understand local conditions, provide training etc.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top