Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Key Responsibilities
- Develops and oversees implementation of strategic global communications programs for Applied Materials
- Initiates and maintains ongoing relationships with media around the world, and supports corporate and product initiatives to gain coverage of the Company in the press, online and in social media worldwide.
- Creates and executes regional strategy for executive communications to investors, customers, employees and other stakeholders.
- Manages centralized regional communications activities to promote, build and enhance Applied Materials' global image and brand worldwide.
- Serves as media liaison for inquiries including crisis management
- Sets and manages budgets to ensure sufficient internal and external resources to support successful strategic communications programs
- Recruits, retains and manages employees; contracts for and manages outside vendors and professionals
- Establishes operational objectives and assignments. Delegates appropriately to subordinates. Participates in developing, modifying, and executing Company policies which affect immediate areas of operation and may have Company-wide effect
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.