Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the rewards of technological advances. At Panasonic, our success depends on every single employee's contributions - because the more we grow as individuals, the more we grow as a company.
Currently, Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA) is seeking Director, Quality Assurance.
Panasonic has a unique opportunity for an experienced Director, Quality Assurance. As a member of the Compliance and Quality Management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of PNA’s Quality Management System (QMS) and will also provide QA support to the Engineering and Quality functions of PNA’s sales companies.
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Managing daily operations and maintenance of PNA Quality Management System, including:
- Conducting regular quality review meetings with the respective Quality Managers of the various sales units.
- Communicating with internal and external parties to resolve quality issues in order to enable product release and disposition.
- Participating in the product planning stage for new ODM-sourced products and review documentation for completeness and appropriateness, and providing QA approval for top management review and approvals.
- Coordinating document and record control activities.
- Performing internal and external audits of ODM factories.
- Performing risk assessments of product designs and market failures.
- Reviewing and approving Corrective and Preventive Action Requests (CAPAs), Non-Conformity Reports (NCRs) and Customer Market Quality Complaints.
Providing QMS monitoring support
- Preparing periodic QMS operations reports for management reviews, including Engineering Change Notice (ECN), CAPA, NCR and summary of QMS issues and problems.
- Assisting with internal audits to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, standards and company procedures.
- Assisting with audits and inspections by regulatory agencies and other external parties.
- Reporting and interface with the Quality Groups in Japan pertaining to Panasonic’s Global Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain synergies with other global and regional quality managers.
Providing ongoing QA support to Manufacturing and Engineering units
- Assisting with the review and QA approval of internal and external change control documents of Panasonic factories and their manufacturing processes, and assisting with the QA implementation of changes.
- Participating in root cause analysis of quality problems and recommend solutions.
- Leading QMS expansion and quality improvement projects, and any other tasks required to maintain high level product quality and compliance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree, required in a technical/science field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience managing quality system process and procedures.
- Knowledge of US regulations pertaining to product performance and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in using quality management tools for process improvement, gauging effectiveness and validating/verifying design and manufacturing changes.
Requirements & Skills
- Thorough understanding of quality assurance concepts and practices
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations and compliance concepts
- Attention to details
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Team oriented
- Familiar with test equipment basics and basic statistical analysis
- Travel (domestic and overseas)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Occasional normal lifting or movement when reviewing products. No heavy lifting.
- Flexible and adaptable to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
- Business Travel - 10% Domestic / 10-15% International
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.