Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is the leading global provider of information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry, driving innovation that transforms experiences for financial institutions and their customers. The Card Services division of Fiserv is one of the largest financial transaction processors in the nation and provides comprehensive credit, debit and ATM services for more than 3,000 clients. Card Services processes approximately 8.5 billion transactions annually, manages more than 21,500 ATMs and owns the ACCEL/Exchange Network. Ranked No. 1 on the FinTech 100 survey of top technology partners to the financial services industry, Fiserv celebrated its 25th year in 2009.
Quality Assurance Director
Manage and direct teams of test professionals. Assist the Quality Assurance Vice President with the alignment of business goals, creating QA standards, determining tools and helping to build a world class test organization that works to mitigate risk and deliver quality applications utilizing a repeatable process. Direct, plan and manage the testing activities for multiple test teams which includes providing testing leadership and enabling process restructuring in an Agile development methodology.
- Lead a test team of at least 25 Associates, in multiple locations, across multiple time zones both on and off-shore within the Quality Assurance organization.
- Plan and execute test activities for multiple project releases ensuring high levels of quality and commitment to deadlines.
- Oversee Associate related activities, including addressing staffing requirements, hiring, and performance assessment, supporting and adhering to established guidelines and timelines.
- Assist the QA Vice President in establishing a world class Quality Assurance department capable of delivering high quality releases, repeatable best industry QA practices, and well defined testing processes in an agile development methodology. This includes developing strategy and both short and long-term planning to determine future QA technology needs and continuous process improvements.
- Education: Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Business Administration/Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- Quality Assurance certification and/or Six Sigma certification/experience a plus.
Job Related Experience:
- 15+ years of Quality Assurance experience, including experience as a Quality Assurance test analyst/engineer. Expertise in decomposing functional design specifications for test planning and test case development and expert knowledge of the multiple phases of testing including; functional, system, integration, end-to-end and user acceptance testing is a must.
- 10+ years of progressive QA leadership/management experience, involving people resources, hardware, software, and services experience.
- Experience utilizing automation and performance testing tools as part of overall test strategy. Capable of interacting effectively with the test automation team to schedule project workload. Working, hands on knowledge of test tools (i.e. Quality Center) a plus.
- Working knowledge of test environments and how they are designed and created. Capable of interacting effectively with the test environment team.
- Experience establishing, implementing and maintaining a test metrics program and developing predictive test cycle and overall quality metrics.
- Experience establishing test programs utilizing an agile development methodology is a must.
- Previous experience in Financial Industry specifically in payment industry and transaction processing is a plus.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
- Proven track record of effectively leading large QA teams located in multiple locations.
- Direct experience managing off-shore teams.
- Proven track record of significantly improving overall technology quality/testing methodologies across the enterprise.
- Well versed in all testing methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Strong knowledge of and experience working in an agile development methodology.
- Advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and quality assurance best practices.
- Excellent business and technical communication skills, including verbal and written.
- In-depth knowledge of IT hardware, software, and services.
- Strong leadership abilities, including the ability to accept responsibility and challenges, developing new and/or refining existing methods/processes, using good judgment and sound project management techniques, and taking ownership for decisions.
- Some travel required.
A little about us: