Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
As an Engineering Director at Dell EMC, you will be joining DPD division (Data Protection Division) and will be part of IPP team (Integrated Protection Products). IPP consists of suite of Data Protection products that include Data Domain (DD), Enterprise Copy Data Management (eCDM) and Integrated Data Protection Appliance (IDPA). In this role, you will be responsible to lead customer escalations, in-market releases and total customer experience for IPP product portfolio.Specific responsibilities
- Lead customer escalations for IPP product portfolio
- Drive in-market maintenance and patch releases for IPP product portfolio
- Drive specific initiatives to improve Total Customer Experience (TCE) for IPP product portfolio
- Work closely with customer support and professional services teams for quick resolution of customer issues
- Provide strategic and direct engagement with customers and account teams on highly escalated issues
- Manage executive communication and customer communication
- Define get-well plans for specific areas and drive them by working with respective leaders
- Work closely with QA teams to improve test coverage and efficiency for specific areas
- Build a high-quality and effective engineering organization through hiring, training, mentoring, goal setting and recognition
- Prior experience in a director level role within the data protection space (preferably in a customer escalation/experience capacity)
- Exceptional customer facing skills with the ability to stay focused and composed under high pressure and stressful circumstances.
- Great communication (both verbal and written) and collaboration skills with the ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Strong leadership skills to meet the diverse needs of people with different cultural backgrounds and globally distributed teams
- Understanding of business environment with solid understanding of our competition
- 15+ years relevant experience or equivalent
- 7+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skills or equivalent
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R23798
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.