Janssen Scientific Affairs is recruiting for a Director, Real World Evidence (RWE) Alliance Leader. This position can be based remotely or out of any of the Janssen Pharmaceuticals offices (Titusville, NJ or Horsham, PA).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
This RWE Alliance Leader leads the Janssen North America Pharmaceuticals group strategy development and partnership execution with select external research partners. The role includes leveraging internal and external data and analytic capabilities that optimize Janssen product and payer- and policy-related research by multiple J&J groups. Specific activities include working with Janssen/J&J groups (e.g. Strategic Customer Group, Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Real World Evidence, Global Commercial, Commercial Excellence, R&D, Epidemiology, IT, Contracting, Finance, HCC, CPC, and Legal) to identify/share best practices regarding data acquisition/usage, ensure successful partnership execution/efficiencies, and ongoing identification of new data sources/potential RWE Alliance Partners). Additional activities include productive working in a matrix environment working closely with U.S. and global teams to implement and manage partnerships and alliances. All activities are conducted following the guidance of J&J HCC, Legal, and Regulatory teams.
• Directly manage 1-2 RWE Alliances with academic, health plan/healthcare delivery system, and/or data provider organizations.
Identify new data sources and compliantly launch additional RWE Alliances.
Leverage internal and external data and analytic capabilities to optimize Janssen product portfolio payer- and policy-related research by multiple J&J groups.
Collaborate with internal J&J stakeholders to identify/share best practices regarding data acquisition/usage.
• Ensure successful partnership execution/efficiencies. All activities are conducted following the guidance of J&J HCC, Legal, and Regulatory teams.
• Lead as Point of Contact for operational, contracting, relationship management, and governance needs of RWE Alliances.
• Lead the implementation, management, and streamlining of RWE Alliances.
• Internal/external negotiation in partnership with Finance, Legal, and HCC colleagues.
• Ensures compliance of regulatory, legal and commercial regulations (e.g., Contract Pricing Committee) for all data and service activities across RWE Alliances.
• Lead contracting strategy/terms and HCC/legal/CPC approvals for RWE Alliances.
• Leverage data and analytic efficiencies across J&J to support Janssen research activities.
• Identify and implement internal/external partner best practices regarding RWE Alliance data acquisition and analytic support.
• Develop, maintain, and manage RWE Alliance account relationships.
• Connect with J&J field SCG and field HECOR/Market Access leads for coordination of relevant RWE Alliance partner Commercial and Scientific Account Management strategies.
• Peer-to-peer RWE alliance engagement and governance with Presidents/CEOs/CMOs of U.S. academic institutions, health plans, health systems, and their affiliated data/research organizations.
• Effectively communicate and train internal Janssen/J&J partners on data and analytic capabilities and operational efficiencies of existing or potential RWE Alliance Partners.
• Partnering with internal J&J teams to identify and promulgate data sources and efficiencies; internal partners such as Scientific/Medical Affairs, Commercial Excellence, Global Clinical/Commercial Strategic Operations and Market Access, Finance, Epidemiology, Government Affairs and Policy, Pharmaceutical Group Strategic Marketing, SCG, and other J&J Operating Companies in the Medical Device & Diagnostics and Consumer sectors.
• Participate and/or lead projects supporting J&J data initiatives, Scientific Affairs, and other Real World Evidence activities.