Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. is currently recruiting for a Director, Real World Evidence (RWE) Analytics. The position may be located in Titusville, NJ, Raritan, NJ, Spring House, PA, depending upon Therapeutic Area assignment. Travel up to 10% required.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com
for more information.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director, RWE Analytics will be a member of the Statistics & Decision Sciences (SDS) department, supporting Janssen R&D. The Director, RWE Analytics will provide analytical support to a designated Early Patient Insight and Value Output Team (ePIVOT) as they uncover patient and health system insights to shape better DAS strategies, clinical development plans, market access plans and pre-launch commercial strategies. The Director, RWE Analytics will interact closely with Quantitative Sciences statisticians and modelers, and Epidemiology Analytics staff in the generation and evaluation of research questions to support ePIVOT and DAS goals and objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Contributing analytical support to Early Patient Insight and Value Output teams (ePIVOT) and working closely with IT and Epidemiology to access data and apply advanced analytics to address research needs related to Real World Evidence based on analysis of clinical and observational data sources.
- Aligning the efforts of Janssen R&D Operations with the Therapeutic Area Disease Area Strongholds and other stakeholders to bring analytical insights.
- Identification of predictors of disease and targets for early intervention, statistical and disease area modeling to contribute to more efficient clinical trial protocols with increased probability of technical and regulatory success.
- Utilization of real world data assets in landscape analysis in partnership with clinical pharmacology and pharmacometric modeling staff.
- Contribution to the efficient re-use and analysis of healthcare data to address scientific questions of interest to Janssen (with emphasis on metabolic disease or Alzheimer’s disease) within the IMI framework.
- Understanding subpopulations and outcomes to contribute to more effective clinical development planning and commercial strategies.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Build effective working relationships with key cross-functional partners and stakeholders, internal and external to Quantitative Sciences.
- Create an environment of trust, collaboration, ethical behavior and inclusion.
- Engage in external relationships/industry connections that drive internal outcomes.
- Deliver innovative and viable solutions that add value; provides leadership to teams through scenario assessment and recommendation options.
- Convey complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- A minimum of a Ph.D. degree is required. Degree in Biostatistics or other relevant discipline (e.g. Epidemiology, Health Economics, Public Health, or Computer Science) is required.
- Proficiency in statistical programming (e.g. SAS, R), data analysis, data visualization and statistical modeling is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in programming against large healthcare datasets is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant prior work experience in the healthcare industry within a pharmaceutical (or related) company, insurer, or within a health system is required.
- Understanding of clinical trial design, and appreciation of epidemiologic research methods, health economics and outcomes research is required.
- Experience with the statistical analysis and management of administrative claims datasets or electronic health/medical records is required.
- Knowledge of medical terminologies (e.g. ICD, NDC, SNOMED, MedDRA, LOINC, CPT) is preferred.
- Experience with applied analyses in one or more of the following therapeutic areas is preferred: Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Neuroscience or Oncology.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.