Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, is recruiting for a Director, Real World Evidence Team Leader, Cardiovascular, to be located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, is committed to transforming patient and population health through scientific evidence across the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Director, Real World Evidence Team Leader is responsible for driving high priority real world evidence research projects primarily in the Cardiovascular therapeutic area (TA), but possibly other TAs as well, from early strategy development through to execution and completion. This role is critical for effectively and efficiently partnering internally in Janssen, and externally with academic and external research institutions, to develop and execute innovative clinical research opportunities.
• Responsibilities will include working on randomized pragmatic trials, prospective studies utilizing electronic health records and administrative claims data as the data source, quality improvement research, and other RWE-focused clinical research activities.
• Leads the strategic development and execution of Real World Evidence studies from within Janssen Scientific Affairs and partners across North America Pharmaceuticals and Janssen.
• Pioneers successful cross-functional execution of RWE studies with colleagues in Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Epidemiology and others. Use research expertise and problem-solving skills to make RWE studies successful. Identifies critical risks and assumptions and transparently communicates them to the organization.
• Leads introduction of new RWE capabilities to North America Pharmaceuticals, particularly related to Randomized Pragmatic Trials, but also to other RWE-related activities such as non-traditional registries and beyond-the-pill solutions.
• Where applicable, work with payers and Health Authorities to align on research strategies.
• Work across North America Pharmaceuticals, Global Janssen and J&J to establish leadership in RWE and manage multiple studies and complexities associated with the introduction of innovative RWE capabilities.
• Support the RWE VP for both internal and external commitments.
• Help to shape the broader North America Pharmaceuticals RWE strategy, capability building & implementation efforts.
• Act as a company spokesperson regarding publication of real world evidence research findings.
• Collaborate with external healthcare delivery system/data provider organizations on execution of high value studies.
• Become an internally and externally recognized expert in the strategy and execution of real world evidence studies through attending and participating in external scientific meetings and producing high-value publications.
• Develop future leaders in the real world evidence research space.
• PhD/MD/PharmD required.
• A minimum of 7 years experience required.
• A minimum of 5+ years experience in Epidemiology, Medical Affairs, R&D or Health Economics and Outcomes Research or equivalent required.
• Experience with real world evidence projects, including working with electronic health records, claims data and/or clinical registries required.
• Research experience in the cardiovascular/thrombosis field is highly preferred.
• Experience working in or collaborating with healthcare delivery systems, data provider organizations and/or payer environment highly preferred.
• Proven track record in cross-functional team leadership required.
• Flexible self-starter with excellent networking and team building capabilities required.
• Ability to balance multiple and complex tasks, and effectively perform in a matrix environment required.
• Advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
• Familiarity with regulatory and healthcare compliance guidelines/policies preferred.
• Demonstration of competencies for creativity, problem-solving, and innovative solutions required.
• Up to 25% travel (primarily domestic) required.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.