10+ years significant experience in regulatory affairs, or appropriate relevant experience
• Experience in managing teams, across countries if possible
• Knowledge and expertise in CMC, NC, Clinical, labeling and procedural aspects (at minimum two of these areas)
• Deep experience with US regulatory environment
Ph.D. or M.D
Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology or Medicine
• Ability to identify and escalate issues and to propose mitigation strategies, maximize opportunities, with proven ability to develop collaborative relationships and have high impact and influence
• Good presentation skills to ensure that GSK Vaccines regulatory voice is clearly articulated and heard in the various cross functional teams
• Support the US-based staff in providing regulatory input to other GSK divisions in line with GRL team position or to regulatory agencies, as appropriate.
• Good influencing skills.
• Good coaching skills
• Good mentoring skills
• People management abilities and focus on personal development of US based individuals
• Culturally aware.
• Ability to think World-wide and include in a balanced way the US specificity early on in the regulatory strategies established within the portfolio.
• Ability to collaborate with other departments and teams in the delivery of outputs in a timely manner
• Ability to resolve problems through resourceful use of information and contacts.
• Enterprise thinking - needs to understand the constraints and drivers of other functions and the potential impact on RA World-wide, including how RA may facilitate in achieving the overall goal.
• Quality mindset
• Fluent in English, with excellent writing skills.
• Able to input into the Company's regulatory positioning, and write /critically review key documents targeting internal or external key audiences
• Ensure that documents intended for US regulatory submissions are in line with US regulations
Regulatory US Group Lead, Vaccine
Management role with key responsibilities to inspire and lead a growing team of US regulatory experts with responsibility for ensuring excellent relationships with FDA and providing US regulatory expert strategy for a truly impactful family of products.
Position holder (PH) will have the following responsibilities within a specific GRA project/portfolio within GSK Vaccines:
• Managerial responsibilities for US-based staff within a specific portfolio, including resources overview and optimization at US GRA level, advice for US specific activities/processes, ensure appropriate training of US-based staff, and issue escalation
• Cross portfolio aligned regulatory strategy to assure timely approvals for all US submissions.
-Attend Head RA RDC staff meeting or RDC product strategy meetings and other relevant meetings as appropriate in agreement with RA RDC Head and NARA Head.
- Facilitate integration of US-based individuals within portfolio group and integration of US-specific regulatory aspects into projects in general within the portfolio
- Ensure US-specific regulatory learnings are shared with the rest of the team, in line with culture of coaching
- Managerial responsibilities for US-based individuals within a specific GRA project/portfolio, consisting of:
- Management of US based staff within Portfolio
- Resources overview and optimisation of work distribution within Product/Project teams in agreement with GRL/RA RDC Head/NARA Head - cross portfolio resources support as appropriate
- Organization of back-ups across group
- Provide advice on US-specific activities and ways of working, processes as mentor or coach; in this role, provide support, as needed, for meetings/teleconferences with US regulatory agency, if deemed appropriate in discussion with US-based individual in charge of the project and the respective GRL or RDC personnel.
- Escalate issues as appropriate
- Ensure the training of US-based personnel, and ensure completeness of training curriculum, in compliance with CIA
° May be involved in review of US submissions, upon request of the Global Regulatory Lead (GRL) or NARA Head, to ensure adequacy/optimization of US-specific aspects within a submission.
- In their direct line to Head North America, the job holder will ensure:
° That regional strategic input is provided into RA project strategy and escalation as appropriate - i.e. ensure alignment and sharing of information/strategy across region and central GRA
° Attendance to NARA staff meeting
° Ensure alignment and adequate support of US Reg Ops
° Quality and process improvement within US
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.