Responsible for the planning and analysis necessary to support the operational design, build and deployment of programs and initiatives launching through Walgreens stores. Responsible for seeking feedback and input from the Field on day to day merchandising activities to better identify operational issues. Applies lessons learned to future implementations, projects, and improvements to processes. Serves as a liaison to Retail Products Division, Marketing, Digital, Business Operations, Asset Protection, and Finance to initiate proactive communication and idea flow.Job Responsibilities
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications
- Responsible for the planning necessary to support the operational design, build and deployment of programs and initiatives launching through Walgreens stores.
- Reviews and analyzes the details of each initiative, project or special promotion to identify lessons learned for future implementations and projects. Collects feedback from the Field on day to day Merchandising activities. Approves and implements process changes and recommends future initiatives and/or improvements to previous initiatives based on feedback from the Stores and Customers.
- Responsible for partnering with leaders across Retail Products Division, Marketing, Digital, Business Operations, Asset Protection, and Finance to initiate proactive cross functional communication and idea flow.
- Develops strong working relationships with the key Company functions ensuring effective communications between Corporate and Field and vice versa. Requests and receives feedback from Stores pertaining to all initiatives. Consolidates feedback on project implementations, trials and day-to-day issues and presents findings to senior leaders. Based on the feedback, develops an impact analysis on the overall project citing all details from scope of initiative to budget analysis and store and customer feedback.
- Fosters executional excellence of Marketing activities such as Balances Rewards and promotions, and annual Merchandising activities such as resets, Seasonal merchandising plans, Customer plans, etc. Ensures Brand Alignment and follow thru within the Fleet (Retail locations).
- Evaluates deployment of existing monthly/weekly retail initiatives, promotions and seasonal activities and provides real-time analysis. Identifies opportunities improve execution of mature programs.
- Responsible for analysis of costs associated with Goods Not for Resale. Responsible for Analysis of Shrink.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience working in retail operations, OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience working in retail operations.
- At least 3 years of experience developing operational plans which align with business and financial goals.
- Experience working cross functionally with corporate functions and field leadership.
- Experience presenting and reporting to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve issues.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree or MBA.
- At least 10 years of experience working in retail operations, including at least 3 years with one of the Walgreens family of companies with responsibility for the profit and loss of more than one store.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.