Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the rewards of technological advances. At Panasonic, our success depends on every single employee's contributions - because the more we grow as individuals, the more we grow as a company.
Through its broad range of integrated business technology solutions, Panasonic empowers professionals to do their best work. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to reach their full potential, achieve competitive advantage and improve outcomes. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance systems, retail information systems, office productivity solutions, high definition visual conferencing, projectors, professional displays and HD and 3D video 4K Cinema production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA), the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
Currently, PSCNA has an immediate opening available for a Director, Retail Solutions focused on Food Services, Kiosks and Retail technologies
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion.
- Establish and manage an effective Retail Solutions Group for PSCNA
- Above includes managing Retail team and non-food service team plus food service opportunities within Retail
- Maintain relationships with top End User (Customers)
- Maintain price consistency in the market and channels.
- Work with the Factory on large meet comp opportunities to provide aggressive pricing in order to win large opportunities.
- Collaborate with a variety of business functions to create market specific end-to-end solutions
- Working knowledge of Core Technologies for Retail Solutions Group Business—Digital Signage/POS Systems
- Also have the ability to learn non-core technologies—Security, Mobility, etc.
- Develop clear and concise annual and mid-term plan for the business including sales volume, expenditures, profit or loss targets and, for the mid-term, strong product development plan.
- Develop a clear strategic plan to grow the Retail Solutions Group market for PSCNA.
- Working with PSCNA Supply Chain Management Team forecast purchase, sales and inventory 90-120 days out based on analysis and interpretation of general economic environment, specific market trends, franchisee certification, sales data, etc.
- Working with all business functions and review market analysis to determine customer needs, volume potential, prices, and develop sales/marketing campaigns to accommodate the goals of the Business Plan.
- Establish the appropriate measurement tool to periodically to ensure attainment of Business Plan and quota sales, profit and inventory targets.
- Report progress to PSCNA.
- Responsible for achievement of business plan profit through control of expenditures as well as gross margin on sales.
- Responsible, in conjunction with PSCNA marketing, for developing, introducing & evaluating sales #LI-NR1
Education & Experience:
- 4 year degree, or a minimum of 10 years industry experience is required.
- 5 years of Selling experience and management required.
- Specific Retail industry experience is advantageous and solutions selling skills essential.
- Understanding of Inventory, SaaS, Data analytics, Loyalty and Gift solutions
- Ability to thoroughly understand and manage all aspects of a business unit, including P/L implications of decisions.
- Strong communicative, interpersonal and negotiating skills required.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Both strong written and verbal skills required to effectively communicate with all levels (up to the Director level), PSCNA HQ Operations, Customers, Sales, and other internal shared services resources.
- International and Domestic travel required. (55 % total overnight required)
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation . Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America .
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.