Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Analytics and Insights, this leader will manage eBay Risk Analytics function end to end to deliver budgeted loss targets while partnering with Trust and achieving business goals and CX targets. Youe will lead teams responsible for partnering with the Risk Team to understand and manage Buyer and Seller risk globally for eBay Marketplaces and lead innovation in fraud and seller non-performance risk detection and prevention. This role is responsible for driving Insights over a multi-year risk management strategy closely partnering with Risk and Finance.
We are looking for someone who will is highly motivated, with demonstrated strong professional performance. You will display a real ‘hunger’ for understanding customer behavior that not only helps identify Fraud early in the life cycle, but will also help nascent sellers perform better in the marketplace. The position requires someone who thinks strategically, is highly analytical, drives structure and rigor into organizations, and works well in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a seasoned professional who drives hard, can handle controversy, and makes decisions firmly and objectively.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Vision: Work in partnership with Risk leadership to refine and expand our overall risk management focus and supporting infrastructure through a data driven approach.
- Execution: Help to identify what we should do when, what success looks like and ensure on time and quality delivery
- Thought Leadership: Understand the risk management landscape globally and partner with regional leads to understand their market and business needs to define a focused strategy and align priorities
- Build Relationships: Interface with other functional areas to ensure we are bringing latest data science tools to bear on our toughest problems
- Lead by example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
- Mentor: Mentor young talent to new heights
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 10+ years of experience in providing deep insights driven by analytics and data to a business function; Expertise in Risk analytics preferred
- Risk Management Capabilities: Understands marketplace dynamics. Can develop and execute a multi-year analytics strategy which addresses risk at the transaction, account and portfolio levels to deliver best-in-class loss rates using appropriate levers which manage risk while minimizing customer friction points.
- Fraud Detection & Prevention Capabilities: Understands how to combine information yielded from fraud patterns and data analytics and business knowledge to identify insights. Employs a ‘customer first’ and end-to-end mindset to define and articulate the customer experience and impact for fraud detection and prevention activities.
- Detailed Responsibilities
- Lead the Global Risk Analytics teams across multiple geographies.
- Measure and monitor a portfolio of risk management detection capabilities and loss-reducing levers. These levers include: holds, limits, reserves, automatic payment methods, as well as new levers that will need to be identified and developed. Measure and monitor across eBay’s portfolio, including PayPal.
- Analyze and provide insights on losses from eBay’s Money Back Guarantee program and optimize tradeoffs between loss management and GMV enablement.
- Drive change to top Risk metrics (including Loss Rate, GMV enablement, and contact reduction).
- Estimate and forecast recent and future losses and partner with regional CFOs and business leaders to meet the margin and expense management needs of the regional business owners.
- Measure the benefits of real-time and back-end risk and fraud models to predict and control risk associated with new accounts, and to combat purchase and selling fraud, identity theft fraud, stockouts, seller non-performance issues, etc.
A little about us:
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.