POSITION TITLE: Director, Risk Analytics, Monitoring and Governance - Brighthouse Financial INTRODUCTION & COMPANY BACKGROUND:
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management with operations in nearly 50 countries and leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With 2015 total Operating Revenues of ~$70 billion, MetLife is ranked #39 on the Fortune 500 list and #50 on the Forbes Global 2000 list of the world's largest public companies. Globally, the company has ~69,000 employees serving approximately 100 million customers, individuals and businesses, including 90 of the FORTUNE 100®. MetLife is also one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with a $508.2 billion general account portfolio at December 31, 2015. In 2015, FORTUNE Magazine's World's Most Admired Company survey named MetLife #1 in the Life and Health Insurance industry.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. The new company, Brighthouse Financial, will be a major U.S. life insurance and annuity company, with $240 billion of total assets and approximately 2.6 million insurance policies and annuity contracts in-force as of June 30, 2016. Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable. DEPARTMENT: Risk Management THE ROLE:
The Director - Risk Analytics, Monitoring and Governance will be a key role within the Risk Management team directly supporting the Head of Enterprise Risk Management and the Chief Risk Officer of Brighthouse and coordinating analytics and monitoring activities among all of the specific risk functions - covering credit risk, market risk, insurance risk and operational risk - and with risk partners: Investments, Treasury, Actuarial, Product. The person will ensure consistency and continuity from analytics to reporting and committee governance. This person will actively support the aggregation and reporting of metrics to efficiently and effectively monitor the Company's adherence to its Risk Appetite Statement. The individual will work will business leaders across the company and will lead the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) process. Key Relationships:
Reports to: Head of Enterprise Risk Management
Direct Reports: TBD - as appropriate
Other Key Stakeholders: Brighthouse Financial business and Risk leadership. Location:
Charlotte, NC Travel:
Travel will be limited as Charlotte, NC is the corporate headquarters with infrequent travel to operations in Convent Station, NJ and Tampa, FL. Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with other teams within the Risk Function to produce financial risk analysis for the Balance Sheet and Financial Risk Management Committee and the Board
- Lead ongoing development of reporting metrics to monitor the dynamics of the risk profile and focus executive action, including hedging, re-insurance, ALM strategy, strengthening of operational controls, etc.
- Monitor financial risk profile and exposures against the stated Risk Appetite
- Produce regular stress testing information and results
- Contribute to the development and use of internal capital models
- Contribute to the risk assessment of proposed new products
- Prepare and present reports for regular and ad hoc management, executive and Board meetings
- Prepare regulatory reports and draft the ORSA report annually
- Support the development and ongoing enhancement of the Risk Management Framework
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS: Business Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- Support, collaborate and liaise with the business leaders.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in risk management or related investment of insurance management experience
- Expert knowledge of life insurance and annuity risks, risk aggregation and reporting practices, stress and scenario testing, and related analytics
- Excellent communication skills are essential as you will be liaising with a wide variety of stakeholders in different departments across the Company
- Ability to understand complex problems and make recommendations within agreed timescales
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team and to explain technical issues in non-technical language
- Willingness to challenge and influence other team members and colleagues
- Undergraduate degree required, a focus on finance, actuarial studies, or mathematics and statistics preferred
- Completion of, or good progress towards, CFA or actuarial qualification is a plus
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company's strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Motivates People - Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company's vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Grows Talent - Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Models our Values - Creates a culture that promotes the company's values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.