McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Risk Management
As a Director in Capital One’s Risk Group you will apply your leadership and analytical skills to our highest profile Risk Management projects. You will lead a team of Risk Specialists and act as a thought leader working across the enterprise to develop and implement cutting edge Risk solutions to ensure Capital One’s continued stability and success.
Directors in Capital One’s Risk Management organization partner with Executives and lines of business to drive organizational change in order to better manage the Company’s Risk in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded. Directors in Risk Management at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational, leadership and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
- Work with business partners to validate risk processes impacting the companies bottom line
- Consult with Executives to determine interaction model with Lines of Business to create positive relationships
- Drive finalization of risk category and sub-category framework
- Perform critical assessments on risk categories to mitigate risk to the company - Perform extensive gap assessments and create recommendations to ensure smart business decisions
- Use analytical skills to conduct Risk Process Improvement, Process Design & Process Excellence
- Large scale Process Management/Governance
- Work with dynamic teams on Departmental Process Management & Execution
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Project and/or Process Management
- At least 2 years experience in Operations Management
- At least 2 years experience in Project Management
- At least 2 years experience in People Management
- Masters Degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or Project Management
- 5+ years of experience as a Project and/or Process Manager within the financial services industry
- 10+ years of overall experience as Project and/or Process Manager
- Business Process Management certification (internal Capital One certification) Six Sigma Lean, Green Belt or Black Belt certification, Agile Coach certification, Compliance Certification (CRCM)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.