Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the team behind the cloud. We are responsible for delivering over 200 online services around the world through infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help protect the critical infrastructure that powers some of the world’s largest online services.
Are you an experienced Risk Manager with a passion for technology and innovation? Want to be at the heart of Microsoft’s transformation and contribute to the success of the MCIO mission? If so, please read on, as this may be the right role for you.
As the Principal Resiliency Manager for MCIO, you will be responsible for the strategic design, development, implementation and execution of our next generation of programs to ensure a resilient and agile business. As the MCIO business is a broad and complex organization of operational and core engineering teams with a focus on delivering and operating Microsoft’s datacenters, a successful candidate will either work as an individual contributor or lead a team of experts in:
• The planning and testing of viable and applicable business continuity and disaster recovery plans across the MCIO organization
• Implement new service resiliency programs and reporting to provide assurance of an “always on” service model
• Lead and execute strategic programs to avoid risk to resiliency through strong geo-risk and site selection risk assessments
• Continue the deployment and implementation of a repeatable threat/vulnerability risk assessment process, providing pragmatic and thoughtful evaluation of internal and external risks to the health and operability of MCIO’s datacenter campuses
• Provide governance and oversight of all critical disciplines the organization follows to prepare for, respond to, and continue operations before, during, and after significant events
Skills & Qualifications:
A qualified candidate must have a demonstrated track record in the ability to:
• Work collaboratively across teams to define and implement sustainable resiliency programs
• Implement the tools, processes, and teams required to support high-visibility programs, the outputs of which will be auditable and transparent to executive leadership and external clients
• Implement and maintain industry and regulatory risk management / business continuity frameworks
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, at all levels of the organization
• Promote a collaborative environment and bring a positive attitude to difficult situations
• Triage work and balance short term wins with long term solutions
Candidates carrying active industry certifications in business continuity management and risk management are preferred
• 10+ years of leadership experience with a heavy focus on driving program development across complex business environments
• At least 5 years of experience managing BCM programs that conform with industry standards such as ISO 27001, ISO 22301, DRII, BCI, NFPA 1600 and other recognized industry and professional practices
• At least 5 years of risk management experience
• Demonstrated success in all aspect of people management including recruiting, training, coaching/development, and compensation planning for staff
• Experience in driving accountability of program execution through various levels of leadership in a diverse organization
• Experience in setting short and long-term strategies to improve the resilience of large and complex organizations
• Experience presenting to and providing reporting to various levels of management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.