Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas
Director (RN) - Case Management
The most advanced hospital services available in the Houston area are right in your own backyard at Kingwood Medical Center
. As part of the nationwide HCA Healthcare system, Kingwood patients have access to advanced medical care and physicians trained at top hospitals. HCA and Kingwood Medical Center
also provide the communities of Northeast Houston, Humble, New Caney and Cleveland, Texas with education and outreach programs.
Our doctors, nurses and staff are committed to preserving and extending the health of our patients. Here are just a few ways we show that commitment:
- 24-hour emergency room
- Innovative and customized cardiovascular services, including heart and vascular surgery
- State of the art imaging and endoscopy services for more accurate diagnosis and treatment plans
- Inpatient rehab for physical recovery from stroke, trauma, orthopedic injuries and more
- Neurosciences program including our Joint-Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and the Sleep Center of Excellence
- Women's Center and pediatric services with access to pediatric specialists 24/7
The Case Management Department coordinates the dissemination of information for acute care patients who are transferred to other facilities. Kingwood Medical Center
is currently looking for a Director (RN) -Case Management
- The Director of Case Management is responsible for the day to day operations of the department.
- The Director will develop, implement, and review the Utilization Management Plan annually.
- The Director is responsible for coordinating and facilitating multiple resources, internal and external, into a unique and single approach to care coordination for each patient assigned case management services.
- The Director will identify and implement processes that support and promote efficient patient throughput across the healthcare continuum resulting in optimal clinical outcomes, appropriate utilization of resources, accurate reimbursement and compliance with federal, state and payor regulations and guidelines.
- The Director will provide leadership, communication, and supervision to the department staff to ensure company and facility strategy is operationalized and adherence to applicable policies.
- Will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric population.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required, Master's preferred
- 5 years nursing case management experience required
- 2 years Director or Supervisor experience preferred
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment and make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
- Clinically competent in areas of responsibility
- Registration with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
- Certification in Case Management, Nursing or Utilization Review preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom