Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas Director (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
The Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
provides critical care services to adult and geriatric patient populations. Services provided by the ICU include but are not limited to:
Kingwood Medical Center
- Care to medically and surgically complex patients
- Continuous EKG, pulse oximetry, and blood pressure monitoring with appropriate nursing interventions, cardiac output, SVO2, and/or ICP monitoring when required
- Post-operative recovery for surgical patients who require critical care monitoring
- Post-operative care to Open Heart surgery patients
- Post-operative care to Neurosurgical patients
- Recovery and intensive monitoring for PCI patients.
- Care and monitoring of the intubated patient
- ICU nursing staff participates in all Code Blues throughout the facility
- Provide CARE team response to medical/surgical areas
is currently looking for a Director (RN) - Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for leading, enhancing, directing, organizing, monitoring, and controlling all operational services in the Nursing Service Units to ensure cost efficient, high quality patient care.
- Additionally, this position is accountable for assessing, planning, developing, implementing, and coordinating strategies and tactics of the Business Service Units of responsibility (as defined below) to achieve optimal financial performance, cost efficiency, business growth, quality performance, clinical superiority and market leadership.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the adult and geriatric population.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN required
- Master's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Five (5) years clinical experience in healthcare-related field preferred
- Five (5) yeas progressive healthcare-management experience preferred
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom