Tomball Regional Medical Center - Tomball, Texas
Director (RN) - Medical Surgical
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC)
has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 350 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.Tomball Regional Medical Center
is currently looking for a Director (RN) - Medical Surgical. Responsibilities:
- Organizes plans, directs, and administers programs to develop and maintain efficient, safe patient care units that uphold the Mission Statement of the Medical Surgical Unit.
- Directs activities of personnel to insure quality care for outpatients and inpatients receiving medical surgical care at Tomball Regional Medical Center.
- Responsible for budgets, equipment, interdepartmental interaction, staff development, and public relations for these areas.
- Provides direct patient care including treatments, activities, nourishment, drugs, and parenteral therapy in a safe and competent manner to the medical, surgical and pediatric patient.
- Carries out physician orders to insure patient care is complete.
- Abides by policy and procedure of hospital and established routines to assure quality care is provided.
- Gives patient assignments and supervises care of others when in charge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required, Master's preferred
- Current RN license through the Texas Board of Nursing required
- BLS through the American Heart Association required
- Proficiency in Nursing Care for the medical, surgical and pediatric patient.
- Proficiency in basic management:
- Writing policy and procedure
- Staff Development
- Implementation of policy
- Specific knowledge of management and supervision.
- Specific advanced knowledge of hospital/nursing policy/procedure
- Knowledgeable in basic nursing skills.
- Proficient in drug types, interactions and reference materials.
- Knowledgeable to give medications and perform duties of a RN.
- Specific knowledge of medical terminology to be able to understand carry out physician orders.
- Specific knowledge of the basic principles of the nursing field and their applications to be able to understand and carry out the duties of a staff nurse.
- General knowledge of arithmetic, spelling, and grammar to be able to do drug calculations and properly document patient care.
- Specific knowledge of nursing principles and patient care procedures in order to communicate properly with patients, staff, and physicians.
- General knowledge to assure physician orders are carried out effectively.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom