Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX
Director (RN) - Pediatric Services
Pediatric Unit, Pediatric Step-Down and Pediatric ICU
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH)
, an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
Rio Grande Regional Hospital
- 24-hour emergency room
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- The only pediatric heart program in the Valley
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
is currently looking for a Director (RN) - Pediatric Services
- Management of all Pediatric department functions in support of the hospital mission, vision and facility goals
- Financial management of the units
- Educational learning and management for staff
- Perform in a leadership role to service line, facility and community
- Promotion of customer service and continuum of care in the specialty area of Pediatrics
- Inter-department coordination with human resources, ethics, performance improvement, equipment & supply management
- Develop and promote relationships with the Pediatricians and Neonatologists
- Primary change agent
- Recruitment & retention
- Compliance with regulatory agencies
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Five years management experience to include management of personnel, payroll, budgets, capital, business planning, marketing and physician relations.
- Current Texas state license (RN)
- BLS, PALS/ENPC
- Certification in Pediatrics preferred
- Must have expertise in the specific specialty providing leadership / management oversight.
- Organizational and time management skills required..
- Independent Employee - self starter.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom