Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX
Director (RN) - Women's and Children's Services
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH)
, an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 30 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
Rio Grande Regional Hospital
- 24-hour emergency room
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- The only pediatric heart program in the Valley
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
is currently looking for a Director (RN) - Women's and Children's Services.Responsibilities:
- Responsible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for all the operational aspects of the Labor and Delivery, Antepartum, Post Partum, and NICU departments.
- Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- Encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of profession leadership.
- The establishment of departmental goals and objectives that ensure quality, cost effective patient care while working collaboratively to integrate the goals and objectives of Patient Care Services
- Integration of continuous quality improvement (CQI) philosophy into the ongoing operation of the departments.
- Patient Care Directors are expected to provide relief house supervision.
- Directly accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Supports the Customer First initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required, Master's preferred
- 5 years recent clinical experience in Women's Services nursing, L&D preferred
- 3 years progressive nursing management experience preferred.
- Current TX license as RN
- BLS through American Heart Association required
- NRP certification required
- STABLE certification preferred, required within first year of employment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom