Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood, Texas
Director (RN) - Women's Services
The Women's Center offers comprehensive services centered around our patient's needs. At Kingwood Medical Center
, we provide a full range of expertise from prenatal care through labor and delivery to postpartum care.
Significant activities, processes performed and patient types seen in the Women's Services area include, but are not limited to:
- Antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum care of the women in a family centered environment with emphasis on patient education and discharge teaching.
- Maternal and fetal testing, ultrasound, amniocentesis, OCT, NST as methods used for diagnostic service.
- Intensive care of the maternal patient including PIH, preterm labor and complications related to pregnancy.
- Emergency care-trauma, maternal or fetal; prolapsed cord, placenta abruption, uterine rupture, placenta previa, placenta accreta.
- Surgical and medical care for the gynecological patient.
- Postpartum care for the mother with the uncomplicated as well as complicated vaginal birth.
- Surgical post-operative care for the women following cesarean birth and other operative or gynecologic related procedures requiring extended care.
Our services provide care to patients ranging from neonates to geriatrics. Care is based on a family-centered environment and on the developmental age/level of understanding for each individual patient. Education and teaching are provided accordingly. Patients are admitted either as inpatients or as observation patients, with a staffing ratio established according to ACOG, AWHONN Standards. Members of the family are incorporated into the care and recovery of the patients in these areas whenever possible. Kingwood Medical Center
is currently looking for a Director (RN) - Women's Services
- Responsible for leading, enhancing, directing, organizing, monitoring, and controlling all operational services in the Labor and Delivery, Antepartum, Postpartum and OB/GYN Units to ensure cost efficient, high quality patient care.
- Accountable for assessing, planning, developing, implementing, and coordinating strategies and tactics of the service line to achieve optimal financial performance, cost efficiency, business growth, quality performance, clinical superiority and market leadership.
- Provides supervision to staff of the Labor and Delivery, Antepartum, Postpartum and OB/GYN Units.
- Responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical psychological, educational, safety, and related criteria for the neonate, infant/child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required, MSN preferred
- Five plus (5 ) years recent clinical experience in Labor and Delivery
- Five plus (5 ) years management experience, Director experience preferred
- Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- Strong leadership and creativity skills
- Strong knowledge of business unit/service line approach
- Business planning skills
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Marketing and writing skills
- Strong team development and results oriented skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Continuous Quality Improvement concept
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom