McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
This position will lead efforts and a team around Large Accounts and Health Systems related to RX products. In addition, the individual will also be responsible for the RX related services, RX Operations and our help desk functions.
- Lead for all Large Account and Health Systems activity related to RX. Responsible for maintaining a funnel of activity including targeted new opportunities as well as new RX opportunities with existing customers. Ensures and monitors large customer RX profitability while continuing to offer Generic solutions to existing customers. Maintains strong relationships with the Large account and Health systems sales teams and the customers.
- Ensure that our RX service offering remains differentiated from the competition. Also ensure that our total RX offering is provided as an RX solution.
- Oversees organizational preparation around regulatory needs including Serialization.
- Maintains strong connectivity with the marketing team and ensures that our RX goals and objectives are supported. Ensures that all RX launches and marketing efforts are well planned and executed
- Maintains strong connectivity with the Field sales organization in Primary Care
- 8+ years of marketing experience including 5+ years managerial experience
- Strong business and financial Acumen.
- Strong people leadership skills managing teams in different locations.
- Manage multiple projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving
- Marketing analytics and supply chain project management
- Planning, cost reduction, and contract negotiations
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical plans and influence adoption of prescribed actions
- Strong interpersonal and influential skills; ability to interact at various levels of the organization
- Building strategic relationships with suppliers
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- RX Injectable experience
- Clear understanding of the RX wholesale model as it relates to the balance of Generics and Branded pricing in the market place.
- Influencing, Presentation, Relationship Management
- Leadership in a matrix organization with the ability to communicate ideas to stakeholders and senior decision-makers
- Visionary thinking to generate alternatives and innovative solutions; creation of risk/benefit analysis on formulated ideas
- 4-year degree in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experience
- Traditional office environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office
Benefits & Company Statement
- Large percent of time performing computer based work is required.
- 25%- travel may be required
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Job Specifics
Job Family Title: Marketing Management 4