The Sales Director is a highly motivated and successful individual who is responsible for providing strategic and tactical direction to a very professional and productive field sales organization. The Sales Director mentors, coaches, and leads the team to build the current client portfolio and uncover additional opportunities.
- Responsible for implementing strategy for achievement of business development goals
- Hire, train, motivate and lead a highly productive sales team
- Develop and maintain relationships with key technology accounts
- Leverage internal relationships with Gartner Research Organization
- Strategize with International Sales Directors to assist in global selling opportunities
- Work collaboratively with program management and operations to develop and implement new service offerings
- Manage a continuous and consistent sales training program to increase sales productivity
- Partner with brand development team to develop new products and services that the team can sell to the existing clients and new prospects
- Performance management of associates and creation of individual development plans/succession plans
- Manage weekly/monthly sales reporting, roll-up forecasts and commission calculations. Develop and execute lead generation and retrieval efforts to enhance prospect database.
- Work with Marketing and outside consultants/contractors to develop sales tools
- Create and execute annual sales strategy
- 3+ years of high performance in sales, ideally some experience and success in sales leadership. Traits are as important as having the right skillset.
- Requires knowledge of and, ideally, experience in IT or trade show environment
- Consistent over achievement of sales quotas
- Proven ability to understand enterprise wide issues and to structure innovative, integrated solutions for global organizations to achieve their business goals
- Understanding of technology buying centre motivations
- Extensive industry specific and account knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate, leadership qualities
Job ID 00015360