The Sales Director is a highly motivated and successful individual who is responsible for providing strategic and tactical direction to a very professional and productive field sales organization. The Sales Director mentors, coaches, and leads the team to build the current client portfolio and uncover additional opportunities.
- Responsible for implementing strategy for achievement of business development goals
- Hire, train, motivate and lead a highly productive sales team
- Develop and maintain relationships with key technology accounts
- Leverage internal relationships with Gartner Research Organization
- Strategize with International Sales Directors to assist in global selling opportunities
- Work collaboratively with program management and operations to develop and implement new service offerings
- Manage a continuous and consistent sales training program to increase sales productivity
- Partner with brand development team to develop new products and services that the team can sell to the existing clients and new prospects
- Performance management of associates and creation of individual development plans/succession plans
- Manage weekly/monthly sales reporting, roll-up forecasts and commission calculations. Develop and execute lead generation and retrieval efforts to enhance prospect database.
- Work with Marketing and outside consultants/contractors to develop sales tools
- Create and execute annual sales strategy
- 3+ years of high performance in sales, ideally some experience and success in sales leadership. Traits are as important as having the right skillset.
- Requires knowledge of and, ideally, experience in IT or trade show environment
- Consistent over achievement of sales quotas
- Proven ability to understand enterprise wide issues and to structure innovative, integrated solutions for global organizations to achieve their business goals
- Understanding of technology buying centre motivations
- Extensive industry specific and account knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate, leadership qualities
Job ID 00015360
A little about us:
What makes Gartner a great place to work? Great people. Smart, curious and driven toward success, they thrive on new ideas and collaboration. Top talent is why we are the world’s leading research and advisory company. If you’re looking for a great community, a rewarding career and a chance to make a difference, you’ve come to the right place.