The Director of Sales
role will be responsible for identifying opportunities for profitable growth within designated customers or retail channels, oversee development and successful selling of customer plans for national retail chains, build enduring relationships with senior management of national retail chain accounts, and provides strategic direction and leadership to a team of NRS (National Retail Sales) Account Executives responsible for system volume, gross profit, and execution with the designated retail customers. Strategy Work with the NRS and Region Sales organizations.
- Tailor NRS customer strategies to national and local market opportunities and competitive conditions, leverage shopper and consumer insights, and utilize category planning resources
- Influence NRS, Region, and Independent Bottler leadership via steering committees processes to the extent differing opinions are heard, consensus is reached, and action plans are developed and executed in a collaborative manner.
- Leadership - Provide overall Coca-Cola system leadership on the designated channel and customer responsibility
- Provides leadership and direction to account management team calling on retail customers across NRS and the Region
- Coach, mentor and develop the sales team to ensure their professional development and to ensure that the organization's need for future leaders is consistently met
- Demonstrate to the customer's senior executives the leadership and stewardship of our business relations and performance execution
- Develop and execute the tactical plans to meet defined goals, including negotiation of our annual agreement, our price/package plans and all promotional plans
- Coordinate execution requirements with all appropriate Coca-Cola system constituents to ensure customer plans meet overall business objectives and strategies
- Ensure comprehensive vertical and horizontal call coverage within the customers' organizational structure
- Lead and steward top to top calls with designated customers
- Lead in the development of all execution targets and use of appropriate tracking and performance measuring tools
- Responsible for leading the annual planning process for NRS designated customers
- Ensures linkage of price/package customer planning with the NRS and Region PRGM business development processes
- Leverage the multi-functional capabilities of the Coca-Cola system
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with a high school diploma
- 5+ years in consumer goods industry
- 5+ years in sales/marketing or major account management
- 3+ years managing professional sales people
- Experience working with market research data, including Nielsen
- Experience in developing successful annual business plans and price/package plans for retail customers
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Proficiency in the following computer applications: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Access)
- Minimum of 2 years in the Coca-Cola sales system.
- Working knowledge of CTM/CMA systems desirable.
- Experience using UFP, KAEP's, Margin Minder.
- 30% of the time
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.