Director, Sales Strategy - Fort Washington, PA
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Location: Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Posted: March 01, 2017
Reference ID: 9518170209-en-us
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director, Sales Strategy - Adult Pain to be based out of Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc., provides customer development, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. Consumer Companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for customer development teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, oral care, wound care, OTC, and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby, Listerine, and BAND-AID® Brands, leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA® and AVEENO® and OTC brands including TYLENOL®, ZRYTEC®, and IMODIUM®.
The Director, Sales Strategy acts as an influential champion between Marketing, the Customer Development team, and key cross-functional partners to devise and lead the execution of innovative initiatives that result in category leadership for the customer and J&J. The incumbent leads the development of strategic plans incorporating understanding of marketplace dynamics and is responsible for supporting the achievement of customer development objectives by providing business strategies and action steps, analytics and insights to customer teams.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement industry-leading strategy with senior decision-makers at both the customer and company that enhance business results and operational effectiveness. Provide key input into, and deliver against, the development of BU business objectives.
• Provide a marketplace view at the national level to internal cross-functional partners to ensure that business strategy is developed and executed, based on accurate insights and assumptions.
• Formulate and deliver business plans that enable the field to deliver shipment and consumption targets. Lead team to provide active support to customer development teams for assigned portfolio of business.
• Serve as the primary liaison between customer team and the internal organization for all customer strategy decisions.
• Synthesize customer strategies with brand and sales strategies to maximize results for both the customer and company. Oversee the development of strategic trade plans aligned with marketing objectives.
• Develop and execute innovative new-item launch plans and monitor performance to achieve business objectives.
• Provide input and validation for S&OP forecasting, impacting customer supply and service levels.
• Leverage best practices, go-to-market strategies, and operational efficiencies. Develop tools and processes that can be syndicated across multiple classes of trade.
• Oversee the distribution and allocation of company quota, resources and funding (including execution of customer segmentation model). Ensure appropriate resources to achieve business goals are in place for 4P execution and business planning. Ensure aggregate trade budget is not exceeded.
• Maximize budgetary allocations that deliver the greatest possible impact on the bottom line.
• Lead the talent and performance management of reporting staff, while identifying and developing top-potential individuals who can fill the succession planning needs of the company.
• Align the goals of team members with the needs of the broader organization to achieve the company OGSM.
• Manage all financial and human resource deployment for assigned area.
• Comply with company policy and procedures at all times.
• A minimum of a 4-yr degree is required
• 10+ years prior experience in consumer package goods, including prior experience in direct customer sales, business analytics, customer/category/shopper/brand marketing OR at least 10 years of experience with another Johnson & Johnson company in direct sales, business analytics or marketing is required
• 2+ years people management experience is required
• Ability to select and enroll team members and delegate responsibilities to develop and execute company and customer business plans
• Experience with IRI or Nielsen is strongly preferred
• Prior experience with OTC’s preferred
• Experience with major breakthrough launches preferred
• Experience working with executive leadership preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of consumer products industry, category, brand strategies, competitive products, classes of trade, and the ability to apply this knowledge to solve complex problems successfully
• Comprehensive knowledge of retail customer store operations, structure, strategy, and retail execution tactics
• Ability to effectively resolve competing priorities for the team and the customer relating to product group, category or brand
• Ability to access information technology applications to improve current business environment
• Strong negotiating skills, with the ability to influence up one or more levels and at top to top levels across J&J and the customer organization
• Ability to create and transfer a selling strategy to address all market customers and channels with a long-term horizon of the future state of the business
• Proven ability to provide customized interpretations of industry and competitive data to enhance the ability to win at the shelf and achieve outstanding business results
• Strong influencing skills, with ability to positively influence strategy both at company and customer levels
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications, database information sources, and web applications
• Broad experience across sales, operations and category roles; some in leadership positions is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)