Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Director, Scientific Communications to be located in Horsham, PA, and will be responsible for understanding the current and evolving oncology healthcare landscape and the scientific data in support of all Janssen Oncology products and incorporating this knowledge into all internal and external facing scientific communications.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Director, Scientific Communications will be responsible for overall leadership and strategic direction for oncology (solid tumor/hematology) scientific communications for US Oncology Medical Affairs (MA) focusing on 5 major functions: EDUCATION: independent continuing medical education, charitable contributions, sponsorships; MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS : tools/slide decks; CONGRESSES: scientific content for major congresses; PUBLICATIONS: liaise with oncology publications team; and ADVISORY BOARDS.
Within the Education function the Director will:
- Lead needs assessment to identify educational gaps within areas of interest and ensure execution of independent educational plan.
- Direct staff responsible for execution.
- Represent MA on cross-functional grants, charitable contributions and sponsorships committees. Identify areas for streamlining of applicable processes and develop implementation plan.
- Develop and manage annual budget.
Within the Medical Communications function, the Director will:
- Lead team responsible for developing content of communication tools used by internal MA team and primarily field Medical Science Liaisons.
- Provide strategic support to MA senior leadership team and Medical Directors with respect to development of key scientific presentations Develop and manage annual budget.
Within the Congresses function the Director will:
- Represent US MA on cross-functional congress planning committees.
- Develop strategic plan for scientific content for congresses.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
Within the PUBLICATIONS function the Director will: Liaise with US MA oncology publications team.
Within the ADVISORY BOARDS function, the Director will: Develop strategic plan for US MA Advisory Boards, including scientific content and involvement with key opinion leader interactions, in partnership with Medical Directors.Qualifications
- PharmD, PhD, MD is required.
- 9+ years post-graduate experience in a medical/scientific communications role is required.
- Thorough oncology therapeutic area knowledge and understanding is required.
- Well versed experience in developing medical communication tools is required
- Understanding of how to conduct advisory boards is preferred
- Well versed in regulations governing independent medical education is required
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferably in Medical Affairs is highly preferred
- Supervisory experience managing professional staff is required
- Negotiation skills, particularly with external partners is preferred
- Experience in key opinion leader interaction is preferred
- Experience in building publication plans is preferred
- The position will be based in Horsham and require up to 20% domestic travel.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.