Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director, Scientific Systems and Data Analytics.
US based preferred – Malvern or Springhouse, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The jobholder has overall responsibility for leading the development of the global strategic framework for PDMS’s (Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing Sciences) Scientific Data Analytics group, allowing the organization to reach its potential in supporting its supplier and customer requirements. The delivery of the strategic framework on behalf of PDMS will include:
- Accountable for the development and execution of innovative scientific data management, analytics, and reporting strategies in collaboration with PDMS Small & Large Molecule and Clinical Supply Chain value streams, IT and other related business partners. • Responsible for ongoing system ownership and maintenance of PDMS-wide manufacturing and laboratory systems. Responsible for ensuring system best practice usage.
- Responsible for measuring and monitoring effectiveness and continuous improvement of related execution strategies to meet evolving PDMS and business partner needs
- Responsible for representing PDMS on Enterprise Systems Strategies including system selection, modification and deployment in partnership with IT
- Responsible for leading the definition of the data management strategy to support process modelling, PAT, multivariate analysis and statistics strategy with the value streams, IT and related business partners.
- Responsible for leading and developing a diverse, global team of scientists and engineers to execute strategies.
- Responsible for ensuring that we are resourcing our teams with the right talent and have the processes in place that allow us to deliver on our current and future portfolio needs
- Responsible for forecasting and monitoring capital and expense budgets relating to areas of responsibilities and FTE resources
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering Etc.) with at least 10 years of relevant experience required.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of people direct line management experience
- While this position’s preferred home base will be US – North America, Pennsylvania’s Spring House or Malvern, Pa. location, there will be 25% - 35% international travel required.
- Demonstrated success establishing and executing data management strategies to meet complex analytics and reporting needs in the science and engineering space is required.
- Experienced in the use of a wide array of data analysis techniques and tools in designing solutions to satisfy business needs is required.
- In depth knowledge of laboratory and manufacturing systems used in support of pharmaceutical process development and clinical manufacturing is required.
- Knowledge/understanding of ISA95-S88 recipe standard is required.
- Experience with drug development, tech transfer, and product lifecycle management processes, and the relevant data analytics approaches is required.
- Knowledge/Understanding of GMP as it relates to laboratory and manufacturing systems, scientific data management, analytics and regulatory reporting is required.
- Experience in business practices including capital and operating budget management, program management, and strategic planning is required.
- Knowledge/understanding of Electronic Lab Notebook, Chromatographic Data Management Systems such as Empower, Process Data Historians, NoSQL, R, Structured Content Management Systems (Drupal, Cognition) is preferred.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOther Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Geel, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern, North America-United States, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Schaffhausen-Schaffhausen, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy-Lazio-Latina, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-BeerseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function