Job Location: Cary, NC
Robotics process automation (RPA) solutions provide a platform for resources from the business operations to deliver self-service process automations on an IT supported, secure and resilient infrastructure. The Director, Senior Configurator of RPA capabilities has the responsibility for supporting the creation and evolution of the delivery framework, designing solutions, creating business objects and delivering automated processes. This job description outlines the role, skills and aptitudes required for the role.
- Providing a superior level of experience and knowledge of the Robotic Process Automation solutions and associated methodology to support colleagues through all phases of the delivery lifecycle and Accreditation Program.
- Supporting Engagement Leads in the creation and ongoing refinement of an appropriately tailored Framework that provides the optimum platform for rapid and repeatable delivery of automated processes within the company.
- Mentoring colleagues through the RPA training and accreditation program – providing advice and guidance on best practice and development techniques; providing architectural control over solution designs to ensure consistency and continuity across the company’s delivery teams
- Identifying new process opportunities and accurately analyzing and estimating new processes, quickly assessing feasibility; analyzing, understanding and documenting the business processes in detail where required; identifying and communicating the technical requirements; designing RPA solutions in accordance with standard vendor design principles and conventions; configuring new RPA’s and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand
- Creating and maintaining solution documentation; supporting existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process
- Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of RPA’s and providing timely responses and solutions as required; communicating with vendors on software related issues, suggested improvements and participating with other users in the RPA community
- Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process
- Creating and documenting test procedures and scenarios for the pre-UAT phases, and supporting the Local Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases
- A willingness and ability to use their existing knowledge to rapidly learn how to develop automated processes using vendor software – full training will be provided – and the ability to methodically solve business and technical problems using innovative and well-planned approaches.
- The skills to design and author well documented supportable and extensible developments and the ability to support and maintain the work of other consultants, partners and clients and the ability to learn quickly and progress rapidly from theoretical exercises to real world delivery and mentoring tasks.
- An understanding of, and a willingness to adhere to, formal change control procedures and disciplines and an aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error.
- Understanding of Microsoft Technology (VB .NET, Windows, Internet Explorer, SQL Server, Web Services)
- 12+ years of related work experience with 2+ in leadership capacity directly driving deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of system design processes, methodologies, and testing tools
Global Operations – Process Excellence
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 34081