Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
This role will support and align product strategy globally and drive a consistent message throughout the regions and across the product iniatitives. The PMM will have expertise in their markets (i.e. will understand competitive landscape, customer needs, marketing nuances). They will bring this expertise to the table and work closely with POs on business and go-to-market strategy for the regions.
The PMM will be responsible for joining up the product roadmaps, working closely with the regional teams to align on the problems we are solving and to make sure we prioritize regional needs within the global roadmap without compromising the strategy. The PMM will also have to educate the regional businesses on more agile product driven collaboration. As eBay moves to being more agile, the product releases will be a constant instead of big bangs, which further highlights the need for having a great understanding of product-market fit, developing rapid feedback loops and proving product viability through adoption at every stage/iteration – things that this role will be responsible for.
- Develop existing POs
- Inputs into strategic planning
- Build customer / product feedback loop and identify critical product features
- Shape communication & strategic positioning around product with eBay global regions
- Explain benefits of product features via customer facing messaging
- Educate eBay sales channel / understand value prop messaging
- Product demonstrations in external settings (eBay events)
- Deliver product into market (100% launched), working with the business.
- Support product activation for regional teams
- Plan new product launch and manage the cross-functional implementation
- Education: Of the existing product team and building a strategic business competency with Product
- Results Driven: A proven track record of launching products that customers love and that move the needle for the organization in a meaningful way.
- Visionary: He/she should be a creative, innovative, and curious with a passion for technology and commerce. We need a strategic thinker who enjoys challenging organizations to fulfill their potential and deliver for customers
- Change Agent: Never comfortable with the status quo, he/she constantly pushes the boundaries, takes risks, and has the mental agility to help shape the future of eBay
- Customer Focused: Be the voice of our customers and an expert on our buyers, sellers and competitors
- Understanding of current shipping capabilities and plans
- Understanding of agile and continuous delivery
- Ability to hear the signal from the noise when finding problems to solve for in market
- Good story telling skills, customer focus
- Ability to communicate the value proposition of the products to different stakeholders
- BS in Engineering or Marketing. MBA desired.
- 10+ years of experience in building and launching products. Experience in launching and scaling eCommerce products a plus.
- Track record of attracting talent and building high performing teams. 5+ year of people management experience.
- Experience in all stages of product development lifecycle and understanding of agile development process.
- Strong negotiation skills along with ability to work within a highly matrix organization
- Analytical, capable of fast decision making, possesses good judgment, takes appropriate risks. Has the ability to read trends and make sound decisions with incomplete information.
- 5+ years of eCommerce experience. Deep understanding of marketplace ecosystem a big plus.
- Strong drive and curiosity to come up with new ideas, identify opportunities, and create vision to drive the business forward.
- 3+ years of experience in shipping and logistics
- Proven ability to communicate with customers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, energetic personality, quality minded, focused, committed, able to work independently in a fast paced, changing environment
A little about us:
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.