Does the status quo bore you? Do you defy convention? If so, you are the perfect candidate to help fuel our consumer's passion for what's next. Whether it's working with our largest retail partners to create engaging PepsiCo shopper marketing programs, or creating the next flavor for Lay's, we need talented marketers like you to join our family!
We believe our marketers should have diverse experiences. That is why we offer a best-in-class developmental program where all marketers rotate to learn all aspects of our businesses and brands. Roles range from Brand Management, Innovation, and Insights to Shopper Marketing and Sports Marketing. Each experience sheds light into different consumer and/or customer needs, promotional levers and even joint-venture business models!
The PepsiCo Shopper Marketing team (part of the DX) is looking for a creative, results-oriented Shopper Marketing Director to lead a team in developing and executing the Shopper Marketing Strategy to support PepsiCo's growth objectives at Target. This role provides the opportunity to work with brands across the PepsiCo portfolio to lead, create and commercialize Marketing programs that drive conversion and build brand equity at Target. The SM Director will act as the primary point person for all PepsiCo marketing at Target inclusive of leading the Joint Business Planning (JBP) and Shopper Marketing planning process and driving next gen/transformational capabilities with one of our most advanced customer partners. In addition to being part of the greater marketing organization, this role is wired into Target internal sales and is part of the internal Target Leadership Team - providing great commercial collaboration and organizational visibility,Key Accountabilities:
- Lead the team in delivering a marketing strategy that drives growth through translation of AOP Big Bets and other initiatives
- Lead the Development and execution of differentiated Shopper Marketing programming grounded in brand, consumer, shopper and retailer insights
- Assess customer strategic positioning relative to trends, shoppers and competitors in order to identify white space opportunities for growth
- Lead annual joint business planning (JBP) process
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to identify opportunities for growth and build the appropriate selling stories. Specific opportunities exist within both the Digital/Loyalty Space and eCommerce strategic spaces.
- Represent Shopper Marketing on the PepsiCo Target Leadership Team, working closely with the team General Manager on strategic and customer leadership initiatives
- Align customer and internal brand teams on customer relevant programs & strategies
- Collaborate with multiple partners at Target (inclusive of Target Media Network, Target Brand, Cartwheel & eCommerce) - providing thought leadership and working to identify opportunities that drive PepsiCo's AND Target's business
- Manage L6/7 direct report (currently based in Plano)
- Ability to analyze relevant data, insights and information to identify opportunities and develop strategy and plans to address the opportunities
- Ability to think and act strategically with a focus on driving a commercial agenda
- Ability to effectively manage multiple agendas and develop the appropriate strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships
- Other information:
- Role ideally located in Minneapolis MN, however open to strong candidates in both NY/Purchase & Plano locations
- Prior knowledge of Target customer desired but not mandatory
- Minimum Qualification: Undergraduate Degree
- Preferred: MBA with a concentration in Marketing
- A minimum of 10 years prior Marketing experience (if undergrad degree only) OR 8 years of prior Marketing experience (if Advanced Degree)
- Prior Brand Marketing experience within consumer packaged goods
- Preferred: Prior knowledge and/or Innovation experience
- Strong team leadership and talent development skills
- Proven track record of identifying rich consumer insights and translating them into effective marketing programs and experience using CREST, IRI/Nielsen, etc is required
- Preferred: Passion for leading direct reports, extended team & agency partners to think & operate differently than existing paradigm
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Prior P&L experience is required
- Strong collaboration, project management and influencing skills within a matrix environment
- Must demonstrate professional maturity - ability to manage up/down, strong interpersonal skills for interaction with internal/external senior leaders
- Customer experience and/or experience presenting to external organizations
- Creative agency management experience, and expertise developing and executing promotions is required
Eligible for Standard Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.