Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Site Product & Materials Planning in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Directs the efforts of the Planning and Procurement groups within Internal Manufacturing sites responsible for establishing requirements to meet production schedules, logistics requirements , procurement of the production materials in compliance with all regulatory requirements, cGMP’s and company policies, procedures and goals. Develops and implement procedures and programs for the production planning and the procurement of products and services, with the intention of assuring the efficient operation of the company.
- Ensures employees under the scope of responsibility are trained in required procedures for the execution of their role and maintains current with training requirements during the year.
- Promotes an environment of employee involvement in the workplace.
- Assures the appropriate interaction of support groups with Operations and QA, QC, Technology, Engineering & Maintenance, Regulatory Affairs, Safety and Human Resources groups, in support of meeting site commitments.
- Meets with all levels of management staff to evaluate production process needs resolve problems and obstacles, provide resources, reset direction and maximize effective interactions and functioning of Operations
- Develop the main objectives of the Department and monitors its performance against established targets to meet business objectives.
- Develop and efficiently manage Department budget and prepare periodic reports business showing the efficiencies of the operation area.
- Develop, implement and monitor procedures, specifications and policies regarding best practices in purchasing, manufacturing, security, environmental, equal employment and other areas regulatory, to comply with all requirements.
- To influence other business partners, either internal or external on decisions related to processes of purchasing, planning, warehouse and shipping-related decision-making.
- Collaborate with other leaders of the Organization to ensure success in the execution of processes.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, promotion, termination, and performance management of its personnel.
- Participate and comply with the required training related to their areas of responsibility.
- Participate actively in meetings management, department and committees to ensure that the interests of their area of responsibility are properly represented.
- Coordinate all activities relating to computerized systems planning of production, purchases and shipments. (e.g. Ariba, SAP).
- Ensures compliance with the ISO 14001 Standards through determining and making available appropriate resources to establish, implement, maintain and improve the environmental management system.
- Acts as a permanent member representing the site in planning community of Practice, to ensure alignment and standards of process across McNeil Materials Planning network.
Planning and generation of efficient production itineraries:
- Develop short-term production plan aligned with the capacity of the plant and establish the necessary strategies to meet customer demand and financial targets.
- Ensure production operation plan is aligned with the capacity of the plant (medium and long term) and establish strategies needed to comply with the introduction of new products and the customer's needs.
- Establish limits in "WIP" inventory levels and ensure the accuracy of levels through frequent electronic inventory control system reconciliations.
- Determine goals to improve manufacturing efficiencies and reduce cycle on the goal of optimizing the service customer times.
- Ensure an agile operation and to react quickly to changes in manufacturing plan in order to meet the needs arising protecting the continuity of the operations of manufacturing.
- Keeping up-to-date procedures and policies ensuring that they are met at all times. Implement policies and procedures for the purchasing process and ensure compliance with the requirements of regulatory agencies and the Corporation.
- Negotiate with suppliers and users of products and services required for our operation to ensure that the balance between cost and quality meets our requirements.
- Visit suppliers in order to maintain effective communication for negotiations and to maintain a network of reliable and competitive suppliers at all times (as needed).
- BS in Engineering or Business Administration is required. MBA (preferred).
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the Materials Area with a minimum of six (6) years in position of leadership (Supervisor or Manager) in a combination of at least two (2) related areas; planning, warehouse, purchasing or manufacturing.
- Knowledgeable in statistics, GMP and pharmaceutical industry applicable regulations. Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of solid dosage manufacturing/operations is required.
- Advanced computer skills and use of software applications is required including proficiency in MS Office program is preferred.
- The candidate must have strong analytical problem solving and interpersonal skills, leadership, influencing and presentation skills.
- SAP proficiency is required.
- Certifications/Licenses: Black Belt (Preferable), APICS (Preferable).
- Integrity and Credo-based actions, strategic thinking, big picture orientation with attention to detail, organization and talent development, intellectual curiosity, collaboration and teaming, sense of urgency, prudent risk-taking, self-awareness and adaptability, results and performance driven.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort WashingtonOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function