Direct and technical direct the production of live and recorded television news content and programming from multiple control rooms, studios and remote locationsMAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Direct and technical direct the audio and visual portions of live and recorded television through the use of automated production systems.
- Collaborate with editorial and technical personnel to produce high quality, compelling content.
- Promote teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Have competent understanding/skills related to shot composition, lighting and aesthetics.
- Work with operations manager and engineering staff to continually refine workflows, creating new efficiencies and capabilities.
- Document technical procedures and processes.
- Operate robotic camera controls and audio mixing console.
- Set-up and maintain studio equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Management: Must have the ability to organize and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Must be a leader in the control room.
- Applications: Requires strong technical aptitude and experience with television control room and studio production technology including video switchers, audio mixers, character generators, DVE’s, robotic camera controls, production automation systems, newsroom editorial software and automated on-air playout systems.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with an ability to clearly communicate solutions.
- Teamwork: Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative, ability to handle criticism, even temperament and a positive approach to problem solving. Must work effectively within a team environment. Must also be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must be dependable, a self-starter and operate consistently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be able and willing to work different shifts and be flexible with schedule changes.
- Must adhere to attendance guidelines
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast journalism or related field or comparable television work experience preferredRelated Work Experience
- 3 years Directing/Technical Directing
- 24-hour news channel experience preferred
- Communicates in person, by phone and by email
- Must be able to work under time pressure deadlines and willing and able to work different shifts or longer shifts due to "breaking news" and severe weather emergencies. Willing and able to work weekends and holidays.
- Materials and equipment used: various studio and control room television equipment, computers and computer-related equipment.
Charter Communication is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.